Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Writer Reads series featuring six poets — Judy Duncan, Dianne Knox, Nancy Fowler, Gary Bullock, Eva McGinnis, Sharon Gilmour — from 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 14, at the Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St. Free.
• Olympic Peninsula Paddlers meeting, special guest Andrée Hurley, executive director of the Washington Water Trails Association, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 14, at Solana Clubhouse, 135 Solana Parkway. 360-461-7008, email@example.com, olympicpeninsulapaddlers.com.
• “Every Brilliant Thing,” one-person play. 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15-17, and 2 p.m. Sept. 17-18, at Studio Bob, 118 1/2 E. Front St., Port Angeles. Tickets $15, available at pacp.ludus.com/19970.
• USA BMX 2022 Gold Cup Finals, Sept. 15-18, Lincoln Park BMX track in Port Angeles. usabmx.com/tracks/1251.
• Celebrate United, fundraiser for United Way of Clallam County, 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at Club 7 at the 7 Cedars Resort, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. Tickets $80 per person, $150 for two, available at unitedwayclallam.org/celebrate-united. 360-457-3011, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bunco event hosted by Sequim Guild of Seattle Children’s Hospital, noon-3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 525 N. 5th Ave. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. $15 at door; all proceeds go to Seattle Children’s Hospital for uncompensated care, research. 360-683-3089, email@example.com.
• Sequim schools stadium, field naming ceremony, 4:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at stadium on West Fir Street. 360-582-3260.
• “Arsenic and Old Lace,” Sept. 16-Oct. 2, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Fridays/Saturdays at 7 p.m.; Sundays at 2 p.m.; Thursday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. Tickets $20, students $15. (Sept. 30 pay-what-you-will). olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Developmental playgroup, Play with a Purpose, from 9:30-11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17, at the Sequim YMCA, 610 N. Fifth Ave. clallammosaic.org/p2p.
• Sequim Valley Lions’ Veterans Appreciation Spaghetti Dinner, 3-7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 17, at Sequim VFW, 169 E. Washington St. Veterans eat for free, non-veterans for $5.
• Sequim Bay Yacht Club’s Reach and Row for Hospice, Sept. 17-18, John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road. Rowing competition starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 17, sailboat race starts noon, Sunday, Sept. 18. See sequimbayyacht.club. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Digging Deeper series: “Reflections on the Garden: Questions and Answers,” 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, Sept. 17, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. 360-477-0116.
• Oyster Half-Marathon, 10k and 5k races, Sunday, Sept. 18. Sign up at QuilRaces.com.
• Port Townsend Film Festival, Sept. 22-25. ptfilmfest.com.
• Sequim Bike Rodeo, 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. Free. For youths in grades K-5. Includes bike inspections, helmet adjustments, bike skills course, more. Parent must sign a release form and be present.
• Big Hurt, multi-sport race (15-mile mountain bike course, 2.6-mile kayak course, 30-mile road bike course and 10-kilometer running course), Saturday, Sept. 24, Port Angeles. BigHurtPA.com.
• Olympic Peninsula Humane Society’s Meowgaritas & Mutts, 5:30-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. ophumanesociety.org.
• Peninsula College’s first Fall Spectacular, community-wide festival, Saturday, Oct. 1, at 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. bungee run, festival performers, mini-lectures, poetry and prose readings, art exhibits, hands-on arts and crafts, and food and drink and more. email@example.com.
• Voices For Veterans’ Veterans Stand Down, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 16th St., Port Angeles. All veterans and their families are welcome to come and talk to service providers, get breakfast and lunch, a haircut, see medical providers, get clothing and more. 360-797-1791.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ Season Unveiling, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Free for OTA members, $10 general public. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Sequim Elks Lodge dance: Dawn and Steve duo, rock & roll/pop/Motown favorites, 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 11, at 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for Elks members, $12 guests.
• Olympic Theatre Arts auditions for The New Works Showcase and “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.” Both shows audition Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 26-27. Participants of ages 8-18 audition at 3:30 p.m. and ages 18 and older audition at 6 p.m. at OTA, 414 N. Sequim Ave. OlympicTheatreArts.org.
• Peninsula ART Friends, exhibit running through Sept. 30 in Judith McInnes Tozzer Art Gallery at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave. Museum is open 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday; admission is free. 360-477-4317.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., September exhibit: “Time of Harvest” and “Owls” book exhibit, featuring Debbie Cain (gourd art) and Jeannine Chappell (painting). bluewholegallery.com.
• “Turning Point” exhibition featuring Whidbey Island artist Hannah Klaus Hunter, Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., through Nov. 6 (11 a.m.- 5 p.m., Thursday-Sunday). Opening reception 5-7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16. pafac.org.
• Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features art of Jodi Riverstone throughout September. 360-808-4815, facebook.com/harborartgallery.
• North Olympic Library System storytimes, Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. Sept. 6-Oct. 30 (6-6:30 p.m. Mondays, inside library; 1:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays, in field behind library). nols.org, 360-417-8500.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.