Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance, exhibits
• Olympic Peninsula Ukulele Strummers concert, 5-6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, at Olympic Theater Arts Center Gathering Hall, 414 N. Sequim Ave.
• Port Angeles Community Players’ “Miss Bennet — Christmas at Pemberley,” Dec. 3-19 at the P.A. Community Playhouse, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Play runs Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m., Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets $15 for adults, $8 for students; on Tuesday nights, any remaining tickets $8 at door. Get tickets at pacommunityplayers.org.
• Special art show/sale 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at 141 Flying Cloud St., Sequim. Featured artists: Ross Brown, Jinx Bryant, Roberta Cooper, Lizbeth Harper, Donna LaHue, Sharman Owings and Linda Tilley.
• Peninsula College Jazz Ensemble concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 7, at Maier Performance Hall, 1502 E.Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free, open to public. At youtube.com/channel/UChSqIk3wQFcK77GnwZtQv_w. Suggest $10 donation.
• “The Guest,” a Zoom play by Maddie Nguyen,Dec. 10-12, presented by acting/technology students in Peninsula College drama program Dec. 10-12 during a continuous livestream.
• Sequim Elks Lodge music event: Stardust Big Band (dance/concert featuring swing, standards, big band classics and holiday music), 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 12, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for lodge members, $12 general public. Masks must be worn upon entrance.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 14. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• Novel Conversations Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), “The Island of Sea Women” by Lisa See, at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 15. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/novel-conversations-book-discussion-group.
• Wednesday Evening Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), “The Warmth of Other Suns,” by Isabel Wilkerson, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 15. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/wednesday-evening-book-discussion-group.
• Intentional Aging: Monthly Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21. “Telling Your Story.” Register at nols.org/intentional-aging.
• Trivia Nights (North Olympic Library System), “New Year’s Eve Eve, Popular Music History,” 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 30. Register at nols.org/trivia-nights-nols.
• Trivia Nights (North Olympic Library System), “Geek Game On,” 6:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28. Register at nols.org/trivia-nights-nols.
• Trivia Nights (North Olympic Library System), “Sweets & Baking Trivia,” 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25. Register at nols.org/trivia-nights-nols.
• Peninsula Singers recruiting new members. Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues of $100 per semester are asked to help defray costs, including scholarships for local music students. Singers need to be able to read music, and must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blue Whole Gallery December 2021 exhibit:“Celebrating the Light.” Marilyn Evans curator. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. bluewholegallery.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7- 8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First Friday Art Walk. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday. SequimArtWalk.com.