Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at email@example.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Writers Read series, set for 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14, at Blue Whole Gallery, 129. W. Washington St. Featured authors include Brenda Carlsen, Melanie Dundy, Pam Fries, Susan Wolf. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
• Family Holiday Food Bag Distribution December event, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16 at Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave. 360-683-1205.
• Ghostlight Productions’ “White Christmas,” 7 p.m. Dec. 15-17 and Dec. 19-21; 2 p.m. Dec. 17. Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets $12-$20. ghostlightwa.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever,” 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 16-17, and 2 p.m. Sunday Dec. 18. Tickets $20 general, $15 students, pay-what-you-will on Dec.1; available online at olympictheatrearts.org, or call box office 1-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 360-683-7326.
• PA Panto production “Goldilocks and the Ultimate Rampage,” 7 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays (Dec. 16-17, Dec. 30-31), 2 p.m. matinees on Sundays (Dec. 11, Dec. 18, Jan. 1), at Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. $25 adults, $15 students (18-21 with valid ID), $10 for youths 17 and younger. jffa.org.
• The Mount Olympus Chapter of the Marine Corps League’s Toys For Tots collection, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Dec. 16-17, at Sequim Walmart, 1110 W. Washington St.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market’s December Market, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at Sequim Civic Center plaza, 152 W. Cedar St. facebook.com/SequimMarket.
• Wreaths Across America event, 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at Mount Angeles Memorial Park, 45 Monroe Road. All are welcome.
• North Olympic Library System’s Intentional Aging series: “Memory and Neuroscience” at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 20, on Zoom. Register at nols.org/intentional-aging or by contacting a NOLS branch.
• Novel Conversations Book Discussion Group: “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” by Maria Semple, 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 21, on Zoom; paperback copies available at Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. 360-683-1161.
• Wednesday Evening Book Discussion Group: “When Breath Becomes Air” by Paul Kalanithi, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 21, in the Carver Room at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St.; paperback copies available at Port Angeles Library. 360-683-1161.
• Olympic National Park’s Perspectives Winter Speaker Series, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10, on Zoom. Access the Zoom link at nols.org/ONP.
• Olympic National Park’s Perspectives Winter Speaker Series, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 14, on Zoom. Access the Zoom link at nols.org/ONP.
• Olympic National Park’s Perspectives Winter Speaker Series, 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 14, on Zoom. Access the Zoom link at nols.org/ONP.
• Squatchcon Comic & Arts Convention, March 30-April 2, at the Vern Burton Community Center and Red Lion Hotel in Port Angeles. squatchconpa.com.
• Olympic National Park’s Perspectives Winter Speaker Series, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 11, on Zoom. Access the Zoom link at nols.org/ONP.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Sounds of the Season,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 18, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Angelic Noise, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 7, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Music, She Wrote,”” 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, 2023, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Submissions accepted for Tidepools magazine, Peninsula College’s annual literary arts magazine. Includes artwork, photography, poetry, short stories and music. Find contest guidelines and enter work online at tidepoolsmagazine.com. Submission deadline is Sunday, Jan. 15; winners announced Friday, March 10. Youth entries $5, adult entries $7.50. firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-417-6489.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Applications for 2023 Squatchcon Comic & Arts Convention (Thursday, March 30-Sunday, April 2, at the Vern Burton Community Center and Red Lion Hotel, Port Angeles.) Vendor applications are open until Jan. 1, with priority placement offered for artists and creators local to the Olympic Peninsula. For application and information, visit squatchconpa.com.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., December exhibit: “All I want for Christmas is …”, featuring multiple artists. bluewholegallery.com.
• Peninsula Fiber Artists exhibit, “In Praise of Trees,” on view through December at 675 Tyler St., uptown Port Townsend. sda-np.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.