Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s production of “Lavender Melodrama.” July 14-24. 7 p.m. on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $20 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Green Thumb series, “Nutrient Decline in Vegetables — What is the Evidence?” with Master Gardener Muriel Nesbitt, noon-1 p.m. Thursday, July 14, on Zoom. extension.wsu.edu/clallam/master-gardener-calendar or 253-215-8782 (meeting ID 920 0799 1742, passcode 709395).
• Jamestown S’Klallam Tribal Library, North Olympic History Center virtual presentation, “Learning Our Landscape,” about the Ozette Prairies, 3 p.m. Thursday, July 14, on Zoom. Link at library.jamestowntribe.org/home/ProgramsEvents. 360-477-8503, email@example.com.
• Sequim Lavender Weekend: farm tours, street fair, live music, various events. July 15-17. visitsunnysequim.com/323/2022-Sequim-Lavender-Weekend. Includes: Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Show, 9 a.m- 6 p.m. Saturday, July 16, Pioneer Memorial Park, 387 E. Washington St., $5 suggested donation; ARTjam at Rock Hollow Farm, 505 E. Silberhorn Road, free, July 15-17; ArtWorks2 Invitational Art Show, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave., free, July 15-17
• Quileute Days, La Push: celebration of Quileute Tribal Cultural Heritage includes a traditional salmon bake, dancing and songs, with softball and horseshoe tournaments, arts, crafts and food. July 15-17. olympicpeninsula.org/event/quileute-days.
• Digging Deeper series, “Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening” with Master Gardner Bob Cain, 10:30 a.m.-noon on Saturday, July 16, on Zoom. extension.wsu.edu/clallam/master-gardener-calendar or 253 215 8782 (meeting ID 920 0799 1742, passcode 709395).
• Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 430’s Young Eagles event, 10 a.m. Saturday, July 16, at Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane. youngeaglesday.org/?yereg&event=7wG9yIevR, 360-460-2223.
• Flea market fundraiser, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Saturday, July 16, at Fairview Grange, 161 Lake Farm Road, Port Angeles. 360-460-4525.
• Strait Turners demonstration, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, July 17, outdoors at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road.
• Veterans Appreciation Day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, July 23, parking lot of The Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St.
• Bob Cup Golf Tournament, 9 a.m. Saturday, July 30, at The Cedars at Dungeness Golf Course, 1965 Woodcock Road. $100 per player. ClallamMosaic.org/BobCup.
• Land Trust Family Picnic, 1-4 p.m. Sunday, July 31, at Olympic Cellars, 255410 U.S. Highway 101,
• Wreaths Across America Mobile Education Exhibit, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1, parking lot across from Safeway on West Washington Street. Free.
• Tour De Lavender Metric Century Ride, Fun Ride (bicycling). 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6. Starts at Sequim Boys & Girls Club, 400 W. Fir St. $70 adults, $15 youth.360-775-5395, firstname.lastname@example.org, tourdelavender.com.
• Ride the Hurricane, Ride from Port Angeles City Pier to Hurricane Ridge to Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center. $60 per rider. ridethehurricane.org.
• Concerts on the Pier: Backwoods Hucksters (Americana/mountain blues). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 13, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Celtic and Nordic fiddle tunes with father/son duo John and Tyler Weed with Stuart Mason, 3 p.m. Sunday, July 17, in St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave. $15-25. 360-683-4862.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Music by the Shift. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 19, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: AntBath (garage surf). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 20, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: Fat Chance, 7 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Backwoods Hucksters. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 26, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Cedar Teeth (folk rock). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: West Coast Feed, 7 p.m. Saturday, July 30, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, 5-8 p.m. July, various venues near downtown Sequim. SequimArtWalk.com
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., July exhibit: “Finding Magic in Nature” exhibit, featuring stained glass artist June Echternkamp and abstract photographer Katherine Loveland. bluewholegallery.com.
• Port Angeles Fine Art Center exhibit, “Farther Afield,” opening 5-7 p.m. Friday, July 15, at the center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, pafac.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.