Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance
• Concerts at the Pier: Abakis, vintage country, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 14, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ New Works Showcase, 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, July 16-17; 2 p.m. Sunday, July 18. At OTA stage, 414 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets $15 general public, $13 OTA members, $10 students w/ID. OlympicTheatreArts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Sarah Shea and Chez Jazz, 7-9 p.m. Saturday, July 17, Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St. Call for reservations: 360-681-0690.
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, at Sequim Valley Airport, 461 Dorothy Hunt Lane. Music by Kalen Wolf and The Shift. Free.
• North Olympic Library System children Zoom event, “Doodle with Dana” cartooning workshop, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 20. Get link at nols.org/kids-events.
• Concerts at the Pier: Crushwater, alternative folk/rock, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, at Purple Haze Organic Lavender, 180 Bell Bottom Road. Music by John Hoover and the Mighty Quinns. Free.
• North Olympic Library System children Zoom event, “Draw and Chat” with author/artist Kazu Kibuishi, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 27. Get link at nols.org/kids-events.
• Concerts at the Pier: Pato Banton & the New Generation, reggae, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 28, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Cort Armstrong, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, July 31, Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St. Call for reservations: 360-681-0690.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Longstride (rock-reggae-surf), July 31. Time, cost TBA. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympiccellars.com/event/saturday-august-7-2021.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Stardust (featuring Andy Geiger). Free.
• Concerts at the Pier: Ranger & the Re-Arrangers, gypsy jazz, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Blue Whole Gallery exhibit, “Color and Light,” at 129 W. Washington St. through July. Gallery hours 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. Visit bluewholegallery.com.
• Sequim block print artist Randy Radock featured at Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles in July, August. Gallery’s operating hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Meet the artist July 21-22 and Aug. 4-5 during gallery hours.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. firstname.lastname@example.org, sequimmarket.com.