Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance, exhibits
• Concerts at the Pier: Pato Banton & the New Generation, reggae, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 28, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Longstride (rock-reggae-surf), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 31. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympic cellars.com/event/saturday-august-7-2021.
• Concerts in the Barn: Trio Hava, 2 p.m., July 24-25, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concertsinthebarn.org.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Stardust (featuring Andy Geiger). Free.
• Concerts at the Pier: Ranger & the Re-Arrangers, gypsy jazz, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Lady A, contemporary blues-funk, 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 7. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympic cellars.com/event/saturday-july-31-2021.
• Concerts in the Barn: violin virtuoso Charles Wetherbee, 2 p.m., Aug. 7, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concertsinthe barn.org.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Navy Band Northwest. Free.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “Mozart’s Starling” by Lyanda Lynn Haupt, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 10. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• Concerts at the Pier: Backwoods Hucksters, Americana/blues, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 11, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Sway (chart-topping songs), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14. $17 in advance/$20 door. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympic cellars.com/event/saturday-august-14-2021.
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “Braiding Sweetgrass” by Robin Wall Kimmerer, at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 14. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/ 2nd-saturday-book- discussion-group.
• Sequim Sunshine Festival Committee seeking applications from artists for 2022 Sequim Sunshine Festival poster, promotional materials. To apply, artists submit application, three digital samples of existing work. Deadline for submissions: 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16; only digital applications considered. To apply, go to: form.jotform.com/211966423450050. 360-681-3422, email@example.com.
• Soroptimist International of Sequim seeking art for 2022 Garden Gala Show marketing, publicity materials. Show is March 19-20, 2022, at Sequim High School. Artwork/photograph must be garden-related, no smaller than 8×10 inches or larger than 18×24 inches. Get applications at sequimgarden show.com. Application, 8×10-inch photo of submittal must be emailed to artwork@sequim gardenshow.com by Aug. 15.
• Sequim block print artist Randy Radock featured at Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles in July, August. Gallery’s operating hours: 11 a.m.- 4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. Meet the artist: Aug. 4-5 during gallery hours.
• Blue Whole Gallery August 2021 exhibit: “Divas and Vessels,” featuring Marilyn Evans (digital art), Mary Franchini (painting). At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. Sundays. Meet the artists: 5-8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 6 (during First Friday Art Walk). bluewholegallery.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toast mastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• First Friday Art Walk. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. firstname.lastname@example.org, sequimmarket.com.