Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance, exhibits
• Concerts at the Pier: Crushwater, alternative folk/rock, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Concerts in the Barn: The Carpe Diem String Quartet, 1 p.m., July 24-25, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concertsinthebarn.org.
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, at Purple Haze Organic Lavender, 180 Bell Bottom Road. Music by John Hoover and the Might Quinns. Free.
• North Olympic Library System children Zoom event, “Draw and Chat” with author/artist Kazu Kibuishi, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 27. Get link at nols.org/kids-events.
• Concerts at the Pier: Pato Banton & the New Generation, reggae, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 28, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Longstride (rock-reggae-surf), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 31. $17. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympiccellars.com/event/saturday-august-7-2021.
• Concerts in the Barn: Trio Hava, 1 p.m., July 24-25, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concertsinthebarn.org.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Stardust (featuring Andy Geiger). Free.
• Concerts at the Pier: Ranger & the Re-Arrangers, gypsy jazz, 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars concert series: Lady A (contemporary blues-funk), 6-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 7. $17. At Olympic Cellars Winery, 255410 US Highway 101. olympiccellars.com/event/saturday-july-31-2021.
• Concerts in the Barn: violin virtuoso Charles Wetherbee, 1 p.m., Aug. 7, 7360 Center Road, Quilcene. Free. concertsinthebarn.org.
• Music in the Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Music by Navy Band Northwest. Free.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “Mozart’s Starling” by Lyanda Lynn Haupt, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 10. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• Blue Whole Gallery exhibit, “Color and Light,” at 129 W. Washington St. through July. Gallery hours 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. Visit bluewholegallery.com.
• Sequim block print artist Randy Radock featured at Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles in July, August. Gallery’s operating hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Meet the artist July 21-22 and Aug. 4-5 during gallery hours.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. firstname.lastname@example.org, sequimmarket.com.