Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society meeting, “Seabirds, Citizen Science and Saving the World” with Dr. Julia K. Parrish, 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. olympicpeninsulaaudubon.org.
• Olympic Climate Action Program presentation: “Disappearing Olympic Glaciers,” 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, June 15, on Zoom. Register at olyclimate.org.
• Sequim Acrobatics’ “Through the Looking Glass” performances, 7 p.m. Friday, June 17, and 5 p.m. Saturday, June 18, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets $15 adults, $10 youths. Get tickets at the door or at Sequim Acrobatics, 13 Ruths Place, Carlsborg, during business hours. 360-461-6897, sequimacrobatics.com.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s production of “The Book of Will.” June 17-26. 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $18 adults, $12 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Opening, tours of Olympic Peninsula Humane Society’s new McKay Kitty City, 91 S. Boyce Road, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 18. Tours 11 a.m.-3 p.m. ophumanesociety.org.
• Lincoln Park BMX, free open house and registration day, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, June 18, Port Angeles. usabmx.com/tracks/1251.
• Digging Deeper series, “Brambling Along: Growing Raspberries and Blackberries in the Home Garden,” 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, June 18, at Woodcock Master Gardener Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. extension.wsu.edu/clallam/master-gardener-calendar.
• Secret Garden Tour (Jefferson County), Saturday, June 18. Tickets $15 in advance, $20 day of show. brownpapertickets.com/event/5446440.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club meeting on Zoom, 1 p.m. Saturday, June 18. email@example.com, 360-683-4877, 360 271-5928.
• Novel Conversations Book Discussion Group — “Becoming” by Michelle Obama, 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, with paperback copies available at the Sequim Library. 360-417-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Hog Wild — A Night of Games, Suds and Grub,” wines, local brews and games, 6 p.m. Saturday, June 25, at Harbinger Winery, 2358 Highway 101 West, Port Angeles. Tickets $45 (includes dinner), omhf.org/events-1/9th-annual-hog-wild, 360-417-7144.
• Petals & Pathways Home Garden Tour, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, June 25, featuring six Port Angeles-area gardens. Tickets $15 prepaid, $20 day of tour. Tickets at Over the Fence,118 E. Washington St.; Sunny Farms Country Store, 261461 U.S. Highway 101, and The Co-op Farm and Garden, 216 E. Washington St. Get tickets online at clallammgf.org.
• Dungeness River Nature Center open house, July 6-7, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. More details at dungenessrivercenter.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s production of “Lavender Melodrama.” July 7-24. 7 p.m. on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $20 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Summer Nature Mart handcraft and bake sale, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., July 9-10, Rainshadow Hall, Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 West Hendrickson Road, DungenessRiverCenter.org, 360-681-5638. Proceeds go to center’s educational fund.
• City of Sequim Independence Day Celebration, starting at 3 p.m. Monday, July 4, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Includes Sequim City Band summer concert series/annual Fourth of July concert (sequimcityband.org). Other acts: Buck Ellard Band, 5:30 p.m.; Black Diamond Junction, 7:45 p.m. Ends with fireworks show, 10 p.m.
• Renegade, 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday July 10, Sequim Elks, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for Elks members, $12 for guests.
• Sequim City Band summer concert series, 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. sequimcityband.org.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.