Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Dungeness Bonsai Society show, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, July 2, at Pioneer Memorial Park’s clubhouse, 387 E. Washington St. dungenessbonsai.wordpress.com.
• Dungeness River Nature Center open house, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. July 6-7, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. dungenessrivercenter.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s production of “Lavender Melodrama.” July 7-24. 7 p.m. on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $20 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Summer Nature Mart handcraft and bake sale, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., July 9-10, Rainshadow Hall, Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 West Hendrickson Road, dungenessrivercenter.org, 360-681-5638. Proceeds go to center’s educational fund.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club’s annual show, July 16, Pioneer Memorial Park, 387 E. Washington St.
• Stardust Big Band, 7 p.m. Friday, July 1, at Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets $20, $5 for students.
• City of Sequim Independence Day Celebration, starting at 3 p.m. Monday, July 4, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Includes Sequim City Band summer concert series/annual Fourth of July concert (sequimcityband.org). Other acts: Buck Ellard Band, 5:30 p.m.; Black Diamond Junction, 7:45 p.m. Ends with fireworks show, 10 p.m.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Buck Ellard Band. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 5, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Sweet Justice (classic rock). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 6, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Renegade, 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday July 10, Sequim Elks, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for Elks members, $12 for guests.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: John Hoover & The Mighty Quinns. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 12, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Backwoods Hucksters (Americana/mountain blues). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 13, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Music by the Shift. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 19, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: AntBath (garage surf). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 20, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Backwoods Hucksters. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 26, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Cedar Teeth (folk rock). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, 5-8 p.m. July, various venues near downtown Sequim. SequimArtWalk.com
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., “Finding Magic in Nature” exhibit, featuring stained glass artist June Echternkamp and abstract photographer Katherine Loveland. bluewholegallery.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.