Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “The Memory Police” by Yoko Ogawa, at 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 12. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-saturday-book-discussion-group.
• Peninsula College original film collection, “Good Things Come in Small Packages, Part 2,” at noon on Wednesday, June 16. Free, available on YouTube via livestream. Get tickets at bit.ly/3vgX9Gx.
• Clallam County Gem & Mineral Association “Now Show” – “Rock Show” event. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, June 19, 40 W. Harrison Road, Sequim. 360-460-0827.
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 22, at Deer Park Cinemas, 96 Deer Park Lane, Port Angeles. Music by Sarah Shea/Chez Jazz (at KSQM studios).
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 29, at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road. Music by Buck Ellard.
• Music Where You Park, 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 6, at George Washington Inn, 939 Finn Hall Road, Port Angeles. Music by Craig Buhler.
• Auditions for Olympic Theatre Arts’ annual Shakespeare Renaissance Faire (“King’s, Queens and Royal Scenes”), 2-5 p.m. Saturday, June 12, at OTA main stage, 414 N. Sequim Ave. Faire set for Aug. 21-22, with main entertainment a series of scenes excerpted from the plays of William Shakespeare. 562-212-1144 or email@example.com.
• Blue Whole Gallery exhibit, “Thank You to the Community,” at 129 W. Washington St. through June. Gallery hours 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. Open house, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, June 25-26. Visit bluewholegallery.com
• Cougar-inspired photography art show. At Pacific Pantry, 229 S. Sequim Ave. See preview at anthera.org/puma-art.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. firstname.lastname@example.org, sequimmarket.com.
Wednresday, June 9
• Guy James, 6-8 p.m., Blondie’s, 134 S. Second Ave.
Wednesday, June 16
• Seattle-based flamenco dancer Savannah Fuentes presents “Flores de Verano Flamenco en Vivo,” 7:30-9 p.m., at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road. Tickets $33/$44/$60, $15 for children. Tickets at eventbrite.com/e/152203620125. See savannahf.com.