Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Sequim’ 126th Irrigation Festival, Saturday, May 8. In-person: Innovative Arts & Crafts Fair, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. Virtual events: Crazy Daze Breakfast, 8-8:30 a.m.; Family Fun Day, 12:30-2 p.m.; Past Royalty Luncheon, 2-2:30 p.m.; Grand Parade, 5 p.m. (eventhub.shop/sequim-irrigation-festival); fireworks, 6 p.m.; Fun Run/Walk 5k/half-marathon, through May 9. See irrigationfestival.com.
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “The Other Americans” by Laila Lalami, at 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 8. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-saturday-book-discussion-group.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “So You Want to Talk About Race” by Ijeoma Oluo, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, May 11. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• Great Olympic Peninsula Duck Derby, Sunday, May 23. Fundraiser for Olympic Medical Center Foundation. Tickets $6, or 6 for $30; multiple prizes awarded. 360-417-7144.
• Juan De Fuca Festival, May 28-31, Port Angeles. Scheduled artists: Sundae + Mr. Goessl and WORTH (May 28); Joy in Mudville and Gus Clark & the Least of His Problems (May 29); Champagne Sunday, Triple Mood, Shaggy Sweet (May 30); Memorial Day program (May 31). Some in-person tickets available; concerts, events offered virtually. See jffa.org.
• “The Joy of Looking” exhibit featuring Lynne Armstrong, Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St. Opening 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, May 7. Gallery open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday. Facial covering, social distancing required. bluewholegallery.com.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s “Fibber McGee and Molly” episodes. Available online at olympictheatrearts.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, each offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.