Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Shipley Center Open House, noon-3 pm. Thursday, May 27, 921 E. Hammond St. Features live music, raffles, free hot dogs, more. See shipleycenter.org or call 360-683-6806.
• Juan De Fuca Festival, May 28-31, Port Angeles. Scheduled artists: Sundae + Mr. Goessl and WORTH (May 28); Joy in Mudville and Gus Clark & the Least of His Problems (May 29); Champagne Sunday, Triple Mood, Shaggy Sweet (May 30); Memorial Day program (May 31). Some in-person tickets available; concerts, events offered virtually. See jffa.org.
• Memorial Day ceremonies: 11 a.m., Sequim View Cemetery; 11:30 a.m., Jamestown Cemetery; Noon, Dungeness Cemetery; 12:30 p.m. Gardiner Community Cemetery (provided by Sequim VFW Post 4760), and 12:45 p.m., Blue Mountain Cemetery. Hosted by American Legion Riders-Post 29, American Legion Post 62.
• Studium Generale, featuring Tidepools Magazine retrospective, 12:30-2 p.m. Thursday, June 3. Free. Join by going to tinyurl.com/TidepoolStudium (meeting ID: 896 1607 5652).
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, June 8. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “The Memory Police” by Yoko Ogawa, at 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 12. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-saturday-book-discussion-group.
• Blue Whole Gallery exhibit, “Thank You to the Community,” at 129 W. Washington St. through June (opens June 4). Gallery hours 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. Open house, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, June 25-26. Visit bluewholegallery.com
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s “Fibber McGee and Molly” episodes. Available online at olympictheatrearts.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, Zumba, basic meditation, computer clinic, each offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
Wednesday, June 16
• Seattle-based flamenco dancer Savannah Fuentes presents “Flores de Verano Flamenco en Vivo,” 7:30-9 p.m., at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road. Tickets $33/$44/$60, $15 for children. Tickets at eventbrite.com/e/152203620125. See savannahf.com.