Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Sequim High School operetta, “Emma: A Pop Musical,” at Sequim High School Auditorium, 633 N. Sequim Ave. Remaining shows run 2 p.m. Saturdays, May 14 and 21, and 7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, May 13-14, 20-21. Tickets $15 for adults, $10 for students at door, limited seating. email@example.com.
• Imagined Reality improv troupe, 7 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at Olympic Theatre Arts’ Main Stage, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $10. olympictheatrearts.org.
• North Olympic Discovery Marathon (marathon, half-marathon, marathon relay, Kids Marathon, 10k and 5k), June 4-5, Port Angeles and Sequim. nodm.com.
• Olympic Theatre Arts Center’s production of “The Book of Will.” June 10-26. 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $18 adults, $12 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Sequim City Band, “Concerts at The James” series, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 15, at The James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Sequim Accordion Social is set for 1-4 p.m. Sunday, May 15, Shipley Center, 921 E. Hammond St. Suggested donation $5.
• Time Out!, blues-Broadway-easy listening, 7 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at Olympic Theatre Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $15. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Bread & Gravy Quintet, 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, May 22, at Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams. Group performs variety of music styles: Americana, blues, rock and soul. $10 Elks members, $12 guests.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Blue Whole Gallery’s May 2022 exhibit: “Create from Nature’s Order.” Featured artists: fractal artist Dan Brewer (fractal artist) and 2-D painter Dennis (Doc) Pangborn. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. bluewholegallery.com.
• Sequim Police Department exhibit through May, at the Karen Kuznek-Reese Gallery in the Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. Gallery open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• The Blackbird Coffeehouse, 336 E. Eight St., Port Angeles, features a different artist every month; in May features Sequim artist Judy Larimore’s photography and paintings titled, “The Beauty of Nature.” Hours are 7 a.m-4 p.m., Monday-Saturday.
• Rain or Shine! Outdoor Storytime series, through May 31. All-ages storytime features stories, music, rhymes and plenty of movement and fun. Storytimes at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays in the field behind library. 360-417-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Poetry Walks hosted by North Olympic Library System, Olympic National Park, through May 31. At Olympic National Park trails: Hall of Mosses Trail, Living Forest Trail, Madison Creek Falls Trail, Spruce Railroad Trail, Peabody Creek Trail. nols.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.