Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at email@example.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Festival of Trees-Senior Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 25, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Tickets $16. omhf.org, 360-417-7144.
• Festival of Trees Gala, 5-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Tickets $105. omhf.org, 360-417-7144.
• Hometown Holidays, 1-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 26. Live music from Sequim City Band, Juan de Fuca Harmony (formerly Olympic Peninsula Men’s Chorus), Sequim Community Church Singers throughout afternoon. Santa Claus arrives at 2 p.m; available with Sequim Irrigation Festival royalty for photo ops. Local scouts selling wreaths, cookies, hot drinks. KSQM 91.5 AM broadcasting on-site.
• Sequim Museum and Arts’ annual Tractor Cruise, 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 26, through downtown Sequim. Participants can show up at 4 p.m. at Sequim High School, 601 N. Sequim Ave., before rolling out at 5 p.m. to travel south on Sequim Avenue and then west along Washington Street to Mariner Cafe. sequimmuseum.com.
• Festival of Trees-Teddy Bear Tea, 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 26, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Tickets $12. omhf.org, 360-417-7144. facebook.com/chooselocalsequim, sequimartwalk.com/events.
• Art Beat Small Business Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 26, at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N Sequim Ave., and Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St.
• Festival of Trees-Family Days, 2-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 26, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. Tickets $7. omhf.org, 360-417-7144.
• Studium Generale presentation, “Cigarette Smoking and HIV: Health Consequences and the Need for Cessation among People Living with HIV,” 12:35 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, in Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Live-streamed through Zoom at pencoledu.zoom.us/j/82308557946 (meeting ID 823 0855 7946).
• World AIDS day event, 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1, at Studio Bob, 118 1/2 E. Front St, Port Angeles. Tickets $15, available at tinyurl.com/SEQaidsday.
• Very Short Play Festival, 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, in Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Backyard Birding: “Birds — The Inside Story,” 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Dec. 3, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. Presenters: Shirley Anderson, Ken Wiersema. Suggested $5 donation.
• Holiday Open House, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardienr Road. Refreshments and pictures with Santa are offered. Donations accepted for Toys for Tots, Sequim and Port Townsend food banks.
• Santa’s Toy and Food Fire Brigade, 5:30-9 p.m. Dec. 5-Dec. 9, across Sequim. Listen for the music and look for Santa and elves handing out candy canes.
• Wreaths Across America event, 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at Mount Angeles Memorial Park, 45 Monroe Road. All are welcome.
• Chris Switzer, 6-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Aaron Crawford, country-grunge-rock, 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 25, at 7 Cedars Casino’s Club Seven, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. $10, 21+.
• Organ recital, 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27, at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez St., Port Angeles, featuring Noah Smith. Free; doantions go to United Way.
• Rick Meade, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Jean Lenke, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Danny Vernon’s Illusion of Elvis, 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11, at 7 Cedars Casino’s Club Seven, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Sounds of the Season,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 18, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Angelic Noise, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 7, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Music, She Wrote,”” 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, 2023, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., December exhibit: “All I want for Christmas is …”, featuring multiple artists. Meet the artists during First Friday Art Walk, 5-8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2. bluewholegallery.com.
• Olympic Peninsula Art Association exhibit featuring OPAA member Katie Graham, through Nov. 30, at Dandelion Botanical Company, 4681 Sequim Dungeness Way. Hours 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Wednesday through Monday.
• Peninsula Fiber Artists exhibit, “In Praise of Trees,” on view through December at 675 Tyler St., uptown Port Townsend. sda-np.com.
• Harbor Art Gallery’s “small works” exhibit, through end of November. Artists include three-dimensional art such as ceramics, jewelry, works of wood, glass, and metal, will accompany two-dimensional paintings, drawings, photographs, and relief prints. Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., is open 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.