Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Studium Generale presentation, “Cigarette Smoking and HIV: Health Consequences and the Need for Cessation among People Living with HIV,” 12:35 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, in Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Live-streamed through Zoom at pencoledu.zoom.us/j/82308557946 (meeting ID 823 0855 7946).
• World AIDS day event, 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1, at Studio Bob, 118 1/2 E. Front St, Port Angeles. Tickets $15, available at tinyurl.com/SEQaidsday.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever,” 7 p.m. Dec. 1-3, Dec. 9-10 and Dec. 16-17, and 2 p.m. Dec. 4, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18. Tickets $20 general, $15 students, pay-what-you-will on Dec.1; available online at olympictheatrearts.org, or call box office 1-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 360-683-7326.
• City of Sequim tree-lighting event, 5-7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2, at Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. 360-582-2477, email@example.com.
• Very Short Play Festival, 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, in Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Christmas Cottage Holiday Bazaar, hosted by the Sequim Guild of Seattle Children’s Hospital, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2-3, at 81 Timothy Lane, Sequim.
• Homemade Christmas Craft Fair is set for 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road. 360-477-4742.
• Backyard Birding: “Birds — The Inside Story,” 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Dec. 3, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. Presenters: Shirley Anderson, Ken Wiersema. Suggested $5 donation.
• Holiday Open House, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardienr Road. Refreshments and pictures with Santa are offered. Donations accepted for Toys for Tots, Sequim and Port Townsend food banks.
• Santa’s Toy and Food Fire Brigade, 5:30-9 p.m. Dec. 5-Dec. 9, across Sequim. Listen for the music and look for Santa and elves handing out candy canes.
• Dungeness Off-Channel Reservoir open house, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. clallamcountywa.gov/188/Dungeness-Off-Channel-Reservoir.
• KSQM 91.5 FM open house, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 609 W. Washington St., No. 17, in the Sequim Village Shopping Center. KSQMFM.com, 360-681-0000.
• Green Thumb Garden Tips series event:” The Strange Tale of the Poinsettia: The Past, Present, and Future of a Holiday Tradition,” noon-1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, on Zoom. Join by computer at tinyurl.com/SEQthumbs, or join by phone at 253-215-8782 (meeting ID 920 0799 1742, passcode 709395). 360-565-2679
• Wreaths Across America event, 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at Mount Angeles Memorial Park, 45 Monroe Road. All are welcome.
• Rick Meade, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Peninsula College Jazz Ensemble’s Fall Quarter Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, at Maier Performance Hall, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. 360-417-6405, email@example.com.
• “Advent Voices,” evening of music and storytelling, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7, at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez Ave., Port Angeles. Free.
• Jean Lenke, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Danny Vernon’s Illusion of Elvis, 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11, at 7 Cedars Casino’s Club Seven, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Sounds of the Season,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 18, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Angelic Noise, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 7, at the Bear’s Bourbon Bar at 7 Cedars Casino, 270756 U.S. Highway 101, Blyn. 21+, no cover.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Music, She Wrote,”” 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, 2023, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Submissions accepted for Tidepools magazine, Peninsula College’s annual literary arts magazine. Includes artwork, photography, poetry, short stories and music. Find contest guidelines and enter work online at tidepoolsmagazine.com. Submission deadline is Sunday, Jan. 15; winners announced Friday, March 10. Youth entries $5, adult entries $7.50. firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-417-6489.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., December exhibit: “All I want for Christmas is …”, featuring multiple artists. Meet the artists during First Friday Art Walk, 5-8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2. bluewholegallery.com.
• Peninsula Fiber Artists exhibit, “In Praise of Trees,” on view through December at 675 Tyler St., uptown Port Townsend. sda-np.com.
• Artwork by Karen Sixkiller, contemporary Cherokee artist, on display in ʔaʔkʷustəŋáw̕txʷ House of Learning, Peninsula College Longhouse (1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles) now through March 2023. Free artist reception is scheduled for 2-4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, at the Peninsula College Longhouse. Winter quarter gallery hours: 2-4 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday, and by appointment. firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-417-7992.
• Harbor Art Gallery’s “small works” exhibit, through end of November. Artists include three-dimensional art such as ceramics, jewelry, works of wood, glass, and metal, will accompany two-dimensional paintings, drawings, photographs, and relief prints. Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., is open 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.