Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at email@example.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Sequim School District listening session, 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Sequim High School library, 601 N. Sequim Ave. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter meeting, 7p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road. Gathering starts at 6:30 p.m. Guest speaker is Dr. Joseph Anderson, a research biologist with Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. People start gathering at 6:30 p.m.
• Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 West Hendrickson Road. “Birds, Bears and Salmon” presentation with Dr. Thomas Quinn. Free.
• Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County’s Empower Yourself series, “Self-Care,” with Debby Smith and Maggie Bourne-Raiswell, 1-3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 20, at VHOCC conference room, 829 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles, or online (call 360-452-1511 or email to email@example.com). 360-452-1511.
• Great Clallam County ShakeOut earthquake drill, 10:20 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 20. Various locations. ShakeOut.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts production of “Night of the Living Dead,” 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Oct. 20-22; 7 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, Oct. 26-29, and 7 p.m. on Halloween (Monday, Oct. 31). Matinees 2 p.m. on Sundays, Oct. 23, and Oct. 30. Tickets $20 general, $15 for students; opening show, Oct. 20, a pay-what-you-will event. Get tickets at the door, at olympictheatrearts.org or call 360-683-7326, 1-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.
• “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday evenings (Oct. 21-22, Oct. 28-29) and matinee 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave. Tickets available at door, $10 adults and teens, $8 children 12 and younger (cash, check appreciated). Attendees asked to bring non-expired canned goods to donate. Fundraiser for Sequim Food Bank.
• All IN Film Fest, short films created by, starring and about individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, held virtually on Friday, Oct. 21, and in-person on Saturday, Oct. 22. clallammosaic.org/all-in-film-fest, pencol.edu/event-item/all-film-festival.
• New Dungeness Light Station Association meeting, 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave. Also hosted on Zoom; join at tinyurl.com/NDSLA2022 (meeting ID 817 0315 5306, passcode 359660).
• Clallam County Genealogical Society “I Know Nothing About Genealogy” class for beginners, 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, in the society’s research center, 403 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 360-417-5000.
• Albert Haller Foundation awards ceremony at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, Lincoln Center, 905 W. Ninth St., Port Angeles. alberthallerfoundation.org.
• KWIM Toastmasters Club Halloween event from 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at the KSQM Radio Broadcasting offices, 609 W. Washington St., and on Zoom. skwimtm.org.
• Scouts BSA informational meeting, 6:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, at Sequim YMCA, 610 N. Fifth Ave. beascout.org.
• Sequim School District listening session, 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, on Zoom. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Green Thumb presentation: “Western Washington Forest Health” with Rachel Brooks, a Washington Department of Natural Resources forest pathologist, noon-1 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27, via Zoom. Click link at extension.wsu.edu/clallam/master-gardener-calendar, or join by phone by calling 253-215-8782 (meeting ID 920 0799 1742, passcode 709395).
• Olympic Peninsula Academy’s PTO Chili & Cornbread Takeout Fundraiser, pre-order and pickup between 5-6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27, at the Sequim High School parking lot, 601 N. Sequim Ave. Olypenacademy@gmail.com.
• North Olympic Library System’s after-hours “Lock-In” for teens in grades 7-12 from 6-7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. Activities include snacks, a movie, games, crafts, more. nols.org, 360-417-8500, email@example.com.
• Pumpkin carving, decorated trunks, treats and candy, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, at the Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road. 360-797-4777.
• Sequim High School’s annual Haunted Hallways, Saturday, Oct. 29, on SHS campus, 601 N. Sequim Ave. 360-582-3600.
• Sequim Elks Lodge drive-thru Halloween, 3-5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at Elks lodge, 143 Port Williams Road.
• 247th birthday of the United States Marine Corps at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5, at 7 Cedars Resort, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. $45 per person. RSVP, more info by calling Kathy at 360-460-2431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Veterans Day pancake breakfast set at American Legion Jack Grennan Post 62, 107 E. Prairie St., 8-10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 12. Pancakes, sausage, orange juice and coffee will be free to veterans. Others are welcome and can pay by donation.
• Outdoor Gear Swap, noon-2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, in the white tent at 101 E. Railroad Ave., in downtown Port Angeles. To sell gear, drop gear off from 5-6 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Nov. 9-11, or 10-11 a.m. day of event. Pick up unsold gear after 3 p.m. email@example.com.
• Studium Generale featuring poet Alice Derry, 12:35 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, in the Little Theater at Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. The event is free and open to the public. It will also be live-streamed at pencol-edu.zoom.us/j/82308557946 (meeting ID 823 0855 7946).
• Sequim Middle School fall choir concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, in Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Shades of Autumn,” 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Seattle-based Flamenco dancer Savannah Fuentes and singer/multi-instrumentalist Diego Amador Jr., “Rayn: Flamenco for a New World at the Palindrome,” 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Sequim. savannahf.com/performance. Tickets $12-$55.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Sounds of the Season,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 18, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Sequim City Band concert, “Music, She Wrote,”” 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, 2023, at Sequim High School auditorium, 533 N. Sequim Ave.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• City of Sequim is now accepting applications for musical performers and food vendors to participate in the 2023 Sequim Sunshine Festival, set for March 3-4. Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com, or mailed to: Sequim Civic Center, Attention: Sequim Sunshine Festival, 152 West Cedar Street, Sequim, WA, 98382. Applications deadline is Friday, Nov. 18.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., November exhibit: “Oh Beautiful for Spacious Skies!”, featuring Jolene Sanborn and Julie Senf. bluewholegallery.com.
• “Turning Point” exhibition featuring Whidbey Island artist Hannah Klaus Hunter, Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., through Nov. 6 (11 a.m.- 5 p.m., Thursday-Sunday).
• Olympic Peninsula Art Association October showcase, through Oct. 31, at Dandelion Botanical Company, 4681 Sequim Dungeness Way. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. opaagroup.org.
• North Olympic Library System storytimes, Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., through Oct. 30 (6-6:30 p.m. Mondays, inside library; 1:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays, in field behind library). nols.org, 360-417-8500.
• Harbor Art Gallery, at 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features artwork of Garret DelaBarre through month of October.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.