Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
Events, music, dance, exhibits
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group (North Olympic Library System), discussing “The Dutch House” by Ann Patchett, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 12. Virtual meeting. Register and request copies of the book at nols.org/2nd-tuesday-book-discussion-group.
• Sequim block print artist Randy Radock featured at Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles in August. Gallery’s operating hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Blue Whole Gallery September 2021 exhibit: “Inspired by the Olympic Peninsula,” with artists Julie Senf and Ryoko Toyama. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays. bluewholegallery.com.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Virtual storytimes toddlers and preschoolers, led by staff at North Olympic Library System. Register at nols.org/storytimes.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7- 8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Click “Join us from your home” link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, Currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First Friday Art Walk. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Farmers & Artisans Market, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each Saturday through Oct. 30, Sequim Civic Center Plaza and Centennial Place, downtown Sequim. email@example.com, sequimmarket.com.