Offering a unique take on a summer music series, KSQM 91.5 FM is going mobile.
Because of social distancing requirements still in effect during Phase 2 of Washington state’s “Stay Safe” plan, the nonprofit radio station is hosting “Music Where You Park” — an alternative to the City of Sequim’s “Music in the Park” that’s been held north of Carrie Blake Community Park on Tuesday evenings during the summer.
The series starts Tuesday, June 23, and lasts for 10 weeks. While different locations are being arranged for each week, each site will have two key criteria, organizers say: adequate, safe parking and great radio reception.
Each week, attendees will be in their parked cars at the selected location (see below) by 6 p.m., when KSQM 91.5 FM will begin a broadcast.
The format may vary with each musical group, organizers say, but will include band member interviews interspersed with music that either inspired the featured musical group or some of their own original tracks.
Free raffle tickets will be handed out until 6:15 p.m. to each car coming into the venue; the raffle prizes will reflect the theme of the location for that week and the winning ticket will be drawn at 7 p.m. Only people who attend the event in their car receive a raffle ticket.
‘Music Where You Park’ musicians, locations
• June 23 — Amy Hales (Christian/gospel/pop)
Pumpkin Patch, 260045 US Highway 101
• June 30 — Dukes of Dabob (Dixieland)
Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road, Sequim
• July 7 — Joy in Mudville (Americana/roots rock)
Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane
• July 14 — Stardust Big Band (17-piece big band music)
Jardin du Soleil, 3932 Sequim-Dungeness Way
• July 21 — Tess Teel & Co. (swing, jazz, bossanova)
John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road
• July 28 — Backwoods Hucksters (mountain blues)
Hollywood Beach Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles
• Aug. 4 — John Hoover and the Mighty Quinns (music of John Denver)
Olympic Game Farm, 1423 Ward Road
• Aug. 11 — Black Diamond Junction (classic hits, rock, pop, country, 1960s-1990s)
George Washington Inn, 939 Finn Hall, Port Angeles
• Aug. 18 — Bread & Gravy (Americana, blues, soul, classic rock, contemporary, bluegrass, more)
Olympic Cellars, 255410 US Highway 101, Port Angeles
• Aug. 25 — Navy Band Northwest (Americana)
Mariner Café, 609 W. Washington St.
For more information, see ksqmfm.com, email to email@example.com or call 360-681-0000.