Jazz, bluegrass, folk, country and more are on the menu as KSQM brings a season full of live performances to Sequim and Port Angeles venues this summer.
The six-part Music Where You Park series, which kicks it all off on June 22, features a different musician performs live music at an announced location, all sponsored by KSQM 91.5 FM, a listener-supported, commercial free community radio.
Most events start at 6 p.m., and attendees arrive and park in their vehicles, tuning in to KSQM for band/artist interviews and performances. Free drawings for prizes will awarded and winners announced over the air. Guests are invited to stroll the grounds of most locations and listen to tunes; food and beverages will be available, or bring a picnic supper.
Sarah Shea and Chez Jazz are the featured act on June 22, with Music Where You Park hosted at Deer Park Cinemas, 96 Deer Park Lane, Port Angeles. The theater lobby will be open for attendees to use restroom and purchase food from concessions. Free movie passes will be given to the first 50 cars; to participate in some free drawings, cars must be in place by 6:30 p.m. (Note: For the first event, Sarah Shea and Chez Jazz will perform at KSQM’s studio)
Music Where You Park events include Buck Ellard at the Sequim Prairie Grange on June 29, Craig Buhler at George Washington Inn on July 6, Cort Armstrong and Paul Stehr-Green at KSQM’s studio on July 13, Kalan Wolfe and The Shift at the Sequim Valley Airport on July 20, and John Hoover and the Might Quinns at Purple Haze Organic Lavender on July 27.
KSQM follows that with Music in the Park, a showcase held in conjunction with the City of Sequim. After a year’s absence in 2020, this year’s lineup features five different acts playing Tuesday evenings 6 p.m.) at the James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Acts include Stardust Big Band, Navy Band Northwest, Bread & Gravy, Buck Ellard Band and Black Diamond Junction (see box for full schedule).
Stop in at the Sequim Valley Lions Club stand or pack a picnic blanket with a cooler full of goodies, and bring comfy lawn chairs or a blanket to stake out a spot at the bandshell.
The summer of music winds up with Music Where you Bark, held in conjunction with KSQM’s Annual Pet Lovers Day, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, at Carrie Blake Community Park. Music is at the James Center for the Performing Arts, with the Tess Teel Trio entertaining from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and Sound Advice with Dawn Martin from 1:30-3 p.m.
For more about the series and/or KSQM, call 360-681-0000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Where You Park (events at 6 p.m.)
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 22 — Sarah Shea/Chez Jazz (at KSQM studios); at Deer Park Cinemas, 96 Deer Park Lane (Port Angeles)
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 29 — Buck Ellard (country); at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 6 — Craig Buhler (jazz); at George Washington Inn, 939 Finn Hall Road (Port Angeles)
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 13 — Cort Armstrong and Paul Stehr-Green (bluegrass); at KSQM studio, 609 W. Washington St.
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 20 — Kalan Wolfe and The Shift (folk/rock/reggae); at Sequim Valley Airport, 461 Dorothy Hunt Lane
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 27 — John Hoover and the Might Quinns (folk/oldies rock/originals); at Purple Haze Organic Lavender, 180 Bell Bottom Road
Music in the Park (events at 6 p.m.)
at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave.
• Aug. 3 — Stardust Big Band featuring Andy Geiger (big band)
• Aug. 10 — Navy Band Northwest (various genres)
• Aug. 17 — Bread & Gravy (Americana/blues/rock/soul)
• Aug. 24 — Buck Ellard Band (country)
• Aug. 31 — Black Diamond Junction with Amanda Bacon (rock)
Music Where You Bark (11 a.m.-4 p.m.)
at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. (during KSQM’s Annual Pet Lovers Day)
• Sept. 11 — Tess Teel Trio (jazz), 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Sound Advice with Dawn Martin (rock), 1:30-3 p.m.