Clallam County is seeking volunteers to fill 139 vacancies on 25 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, Nov. 20.
To apply, call the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website at clallamcountywa.gov/636/Boards-Committees-and-Commissions.
Descriptions of the advisory panels — and the application form itself — are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their position are asked to provide a written statement to the commissioner’s office by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancies exist on the following advisory panels, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Behavioral Health Advisory Board (4) — Openings for representatives of: tribal; Department of Children, Youth & Family Services; private provider of substance use disorders services not contracting for funding, and consumer/past consumer of substance use disorder services.
• Board of Equalization (1) — Opening for an alternate member.
• Board of Health (3) — Openings for a representative of Makah Tribe, representative of Quileute Tribe and consumer of public health.
• Boundary Review Board (3) — Openings for representatives of governor appointee, cities appointee, and special district appointee.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (7) — Openings for representatives for: two alternates; an architect; a civil or structural engineer; general contractor; an ICC-certified fire marshal, fire inspector, or fire plan examiner, and an ICC-certified building official, building inspector or plans examiner.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (2) — Openings for an at-large member, and a business owner (Clallam Bay/Sekiu Chamber of Commerce).
• Clallam Bay Sekiu Community Advisory Board (1) — Openings for one committee member.
Conservation Futures Program Advisory Board (2) — Openings for a representative from Commissioner District 1 and at-large.
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (4) — Openings for: representatives of grange; two at-large, and Crescent School District Student Body.
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (2) — Openings for two committee members.
• Fair Advisory Board (1) — Openings for an at-large member.
• Heritage Advisory Board (4) — Opening for a representative of District I; two from District II, and one from District III.
• Homelessness Task Force (26) — Openings for: City government Port Angeles alternate; City government of Sequim alternate; Tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam; Tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam alternate; Tribal government of Makah; Tribal government of Makah alternate; Tribal government of Quileute; Tribal government of Quileute alternate; healthcare providers alternate; mental health/substance use providers alternate; domestic violence/sexual assault providers; domestic violence/sexual assault providers alternate; Department of Social and Health Services; Department of Social and Health Services alternate; Serenity House; Serenity House alternate; law and justice system alternate; faith community; faith community alternate; business community; business community alternate; two homeless or formerly homeless alternates; at-large alternate; advocate for youth issues alternate, and advocate for veterans issues alternate.
• Housing Solutions Committee (1) — Opening for a representative of North Peninsula Building Association.
• Lake Sutherland Steering Committee (3) — Opening for three committee members.
• Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (1) — Opening for a potential user of the fund.
• Marine Resources Committee (8) — Openings for representatives of Makah tribe; Makah tribe alternate; conservation/environmental member; academic community alternate; District II; District II alternate; District III alternate, and development community.
• North Olympic Library System (1) — Opening for one representative.
• North Pacific Coast Marine Resources (2) — Openings for Clallam County citizen (scientific community) and Clallam County citizen (recreational groups).
• Opportunity Fund Board (4) — Openings for a representative of Port of Port Angeles; City of Port Angeles; City of Forks, and District III representative.
• Permit Advisory Board (15) — Openings for representatives of: architect; building designer; building trades; certified septic designer/installer; code consultant; engineer category (structural/civil); Economic Development Council; energy industry; environmental consultant; two homebuilders association reps; propane/woodstove contractor; Manufactured Homes/Mobile Home Association; land surveyor, and ex officio-planning manager.
• Planning Commission (4) — Openings for a representatives of: District 1a; District IIc; District IIIa, and District IIIb.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (9) — Openings for representatives of: unincorporated area surrounding Sequim; Diamond Point; unincorporated area surrounding Port Angeles; at-large; Forks and unincorporated area; Quileute Tribe; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe; Joyce, and law and justice.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (11) — Openings for representatives of: at-large; at-large alternate; solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling); solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling) alternate; solid waste industry (Waste Connection); solid waste industry (Waste Connection) alternate; tribal governments; tribal governments alternate; City of Forks alternate; business community alternate, and agriculture community category alternate.
• Trails Advisory Committee (20) — Openings for representatives of: Sequim area trails citizen at large; Port Angeles area citizen at large; Western area citizen at large; Straits area citizen at large; Olympic National Park; Washington State Department of Natural Resources; large private forest company; City of Port Angeles; City of Sequim; City of Forks; tribal government(s); commercial trail business; off-road motorized user groups; U.S. Forest Service (ex-officio member); Backcountry Horseman; Backcountry Horseman alternate; Olympic Peninsula Bicycle Alliance (OPBA); Peninsula Trails Coalition; trail event coordinator, and Clallam County Road Department/ex officio.