Clallam County is seeking volunteers to fill 71 vacancies on 20 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business Friday, May 31.
To apply, call the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website, www.clallam.net.
Descriptions of the advisory panels — and the application form itself — are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their position are asked to provide a written statement to the commissioner’s office: fax at 360-417-2493; mail at 223 E. Fourth St., Suite 4, Port Angeles 98362; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancies exist on the following advisory panels, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Agricultural Commission (6 vacancies) — Openings for representatives of Farmer in Commissioner Districts 1, 2 and 3, an at-large farmer, and two non-farmer at-large.
• Animal Issues Advisory Committee (7) — Openings for a representative of Districts 1, 2, and 3, tribal government, veterinarian, equine and Friends of Forks Animals.
• Behavioral Health Advisory Board (4) — Openings for representatives of private provider of chemical dependency services not contracting for funding, advocate for chemical dependency/mental health services, tribal and services for homeless.
• Boundary Review Board (1) — Opening for a special district appointee.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (3) — Openings for representatives for two alternate and an ICC-certified building official, building inspector or plans examiner.
• Carlsborg Community Advisory Council (5) — Openings for representatives of resident of a manufactured/mobile home park community with in Carlsborg UGA, business or real property owner within the Carlsborg Industrial Zone, business or real property owner within the Carlsborg Village Center and two at-large member who are real property owners within the UGA boundary.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (3) — Openings for three at-large members.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Sewer Advisory Committee (2) — Openings for representatives of two committee member positions.
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (3) — Openings for representatives of the area business owner or individual who owns commercially zoned property, an at-large and Crescent School District Student Body alternate.
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (3) — Openings for three committee member positions.
• Fair Advisory Board (1) — Opening for a representative of the City of Port Angeles.
• Heritage Advisory Board (2) — Openings for two representatives of District 1.
• Homelessness Task Force (4) — Openings for representatives of health and human services department, tribal government, WorkSource and homeless/formerly homeless.
• Marine Resources Committee (1) — Opening for a representative of marine trade.
• Noxious Weed Board Control (3) — Openings for representative of Geographic Area 1 (Sequim), 2 (west of Dungeness River) and 5 (West End).
• Permit Advisory Board (6) — Openings for representatives of building designer, building trades, Economic Development Council, environmental consultant, propane/wood stove contractor, and Manufactured Homes/Mobile Home Association.
• Port Crescent Pioneer Cemetery (3) — Openings for three members.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (5) — Openings for representatives of Clallam Bay/Sekiu, Forks and unincorporated area, Quileute Tribe, Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, and law and justice.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (6) — Openings for representatives of at-large alternate, solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling) alternate, tribal government alternate, City of Forks alternate, business community, and business community alternate.
• Trails Advisory Committee (3) — Opening for representatives of Western Area Trails Advocacy Group, Olympic National Park and U.S. Forest Service (ex-officio member).