IRS-certified AARP TAX-AIDE volunteers will be available again this year to prepare and electronically file tax returns at several sites in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
The TAX-AIDE program is sponsored by the IRS and the AARP Foundation, and is available for low-and-middle-income taxpayers of all ages, and is free of charge.
TAX-AIDE volunteers will be available starting Saturday, Feb. 5, and throughout the tax season, which extends until April 15.
Program organizers will begin taking appointments in January.
Service users must make an appointment at all locations; there will be no walk-in services provided.
Service locations include:
• Shipley Center, 921 E. Hammond St.; 360-452-6147
• Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St.; 360-457-7004
• Tri-Area Community Center, 10 West Valley Road, Chimacum; 360-390-4014, option 4
• Port Townsend Community Center, 620 Tyler St.; 360-390-5250
• Quilcene Community Center, 294952 U.S. Highway 101; 360-316-1339
• Forks Concerned Citizens Center, 945 S. Forks Ave.; 360-461-3641.