A small electrical fire burned three golf carts at the Cedars at Dungeness, 1965 Woodcock Road, last Wednesday evening.
Assistant Chief Eric Quitslund with Clallam County Fire District 3 said fire crews dispatched at 5:13 p.m. Feb. 7, to a shed for the golf carts where one of the carts had been parked for about an hour before catching fire.
It was a relatively small electrical fire that filled the building with smoke, Quitslund said.
Director of Golf/General Manager Bill Shea said the fire also damaged two neighboring carts and his staff is assessing if those two carts can be repaired.
Shea said they are fortunate no one was hurt and the sprinklers contained most of the fire.
“Shout out to the Fire District and (Clallam County Sheriff’s Office) for coming so quickly,” Shea said.
The carts are three of the course’s 72 carts housed between three sheds, Shea said, and they were purchased about two-and-a-half-years ago. The building and carts are also insured, he said.
Following the fire, Shea said they’ll assess how extensive the damage was to the electrical system and shed, and determine the best methods for cleaning the other carts in the barn.