Firefighters with Clallam County Fire District 3 extinguished an appliance fire on the 300 block of West Spruce Street Friday morning.
One engine arrived at 10:05 a.m. to discover smoke coming from the front door and that the home’s two residents had exited the building uninjured.
Firefighters attacked the fire through the home’s back door where the stove and burners were glowing red.
Fire officials said the fire was contained to the kitchen where something had been left on the stove.
Occupants will not be able to return home until it is rehabilitated, fire officials said.
The Red Cross of the Olympic Peninsula responded to assist the residents because of the smoke damage.