The North Olympic Library System is engaged in a broad community conversation regarding the overcrowded spaces and aging infrastructure of the Sequim Library. NOLS has planned several informational presentations and awareness-raising activities during May.
• Tuesday, May 2, 5-6 p.m. at the Sequim Library
The library will host a parade work party to create the library’s entry for the Irrigation Festival Parade. Everyone is welcome.
• Saturday, May 13, Irrigation Festival Parade
Walk with the library float to raise awareness about the library and the Sequim Library expansion project. Contact the library at Sequim@nols.org or 683-1161 if you are interested in participating.
• Wednesday, May 17, 6 p.m. at the Sequim Library
NOLS library director Margaret Jakubcin will provide an informational presentation about the Sequim Library expansion project and the conceptual planning process underway. The presentation is open to everyone. This presentation will be repeated at 10 a.m. Monday, June 5.
Other ways to get involved
There are many opportunities for community members to get involved in the conversation — and the solution — by getting informed and sharing time, energy and expertise.
• Schedule a presentation. NOLS representatives would love to talk to your group about this project. Email Director@nols.org or Sequim@nols.org to schedule an informational presentation for your group.
• Community Taskforce. The Community Taskforce on the Sequim Library expansion is a small, engaged group of community volunteers. The CTSLE will play an essential role in facilitating community input and discussion about the Sequim Library expansion project, and working directly with staff, architects, and advisors to develop conceptual planning, schematic design and a project timeline.
Visit www.nols.org to read more about the CTSLE and learn how to apply to serve on this important taskforce.
To learn more about the Sequim Library expansion project, visit www.nols.org or contact library director Margaret Jakubcin at Director@nols.org or 417-8500 ext. 7714, or Sequim library manager Emily Sly at Sequim@nols.org or 683-1161.
The Sequim Library is at 630 N. Sequim Ave.