The Jack Grennan Post 62 American Legion, Michael Trebert Chapter-NSDAR and Sequim Prairie Garden Club host a Veterans Day public ceremony at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 11, at Pioneer Memorial Park, 387 E. Washington St.
Facial coverings and social distancing will be adhered to for this public ceremony, organizers say.
The event will also be live-streamed at www.facebook.com/nwvrc.
With American Legion riders in place with a flag line by 9:30 a.m., the event kicks off at 10 a.m. with bagpipe music from Rick McKenzie.
The remainder of the event lineup includes, in order:
• welcome from emcee Paul Renick, commander of Jack Grennan Post 62 American Legion
• Pledge of Allegiance led by Priscilla Hudson, Sequim Prairie Garden Club historian
• singing of “National Anthem” by Amanda Bacon of Radio Pacific KONP/KSTI/KZQM
• invocation by Jack Grennan Post chaplain Nancy Zimmerman
• introduction of deputy mayor by City of Sequim mayor William Armacost
• honoring of veterans by City of Sequim deputy mayor Tom Ferrell
• distribution of thank you “notes” written by students in grades 1-3 of Oct. 24 “What is a Veteran?” event; distribution of red, white and blue flowers for veterans
• rifle volley and “Taps” by Marine Corp League’s Mt. Olympus Detachment
• echoing of “Taps” by American Legion Riders
• closing comments from Jeff Reyes, Clallam County Veterans Resource Center Coordinator
• closing prayer by Nancy Zimmerman
• “Amazing Grace” on bagpipe by McKenzie
For more information, contact Judy Tordini at 360-460-2346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.