School district officials host a series of public forums detailing the $49 million school construction bond proposal that comes to voters in a special election in February.
Those public forum dates include:
• Saturday, Jan. 24, 10 a.m., Sequim High School library, 601 N. Sequim Ave.
• Tuesday, Jan. 27, 6 p.m., Greywolf Elementary School library, 171 Carlsborg Road
• Tuesday, Feb. 3, 4:30 p.m., Helen Haller Elementary School library, 350 W. Fir St.
District officials and school advocacy groups also continue to meet with community groups regarding the bond proposal as well, with the remaining following dates scheduled:
• Jan. 21, 7 p.m. — Sequim High School Band Boosters, school district board room
• Jan. 22, 11:30 a.m. — Rotary Club of Sequim (Sequim Noon Rotary), Sunland Golf & Country Club
• Jan. 28, 6:30 p.m. — Sequim Prairie Grange, Macleay Hall
For more information or to schedule an informational meeting, call 582-3260.
School bond ‘on the air’
KSQM 91.5 FM hosts a series of interviews regarding the Sequim School District’s school construction bond proposal.
Upcoming interviews include:
• Wednesday, Jan. 21, 10 a.m. — with Ron Allen, Tribal Council Chairman of the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe, and Dave Mattingly of Citizens for Sequim Schools
• Friday, Jan. 23, 1 p.m. — with Eric Lewis, Olympic Medical Center CEO, and Sequim schools superintendent Kelly Shea
Jim Stoffer, chairman of Citizens for Sequim Schools, and Sequim School Board director Michael Howe appeared in a KSQM interview on Jan. 19.