This year Sequim shoppers can take advantage of special hours and sales on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday (Nov. 23) and Small Business Saturday (Nov. 24). Family attractions such as the Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa’s arrival also are scheduled.
Open on Thanksgiving:
• Walmart, 1110 W. Washington St., remains open Thanksgiving with specials beginning at 8 p.m.
• Game Stop, 1400 W. Washington St., Suite 107, opens at midnight on Black Friday.
• Sears, 232 Valley Center Place, opens at 4 a.m. on Friday
• Big 5 Sporting Goods, 171 Valley Center Place, opens at 5 a.m.
• The Home Depot, 1145 W. Washington St., opens at 5 a.m.
• Office Depot, 1235 W. Washington St., opens at 5 a.m.
• Ross Dress for Less, 1055 W. Washington St., opens at 5 a.m.
• Staples, 990-A E. Washington St., opens at 5 a.m.
• JCPenney, 651 W. Washington St., opens at 6 a.m.
• Radio Shack, 680 W. Washington St., opens at 6 a.m.
• Napa Auto Parts, 20 Grant Road, offers 25 percent off all purchases excluding sale items from 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. Friday.
• That Takes the Cake, 171 W. Washington St., extends this weekend’s hours from 8 a.m.-9 pm. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. It offers $5 coupons off regular and jumbo cupcakes in the newspapers, 10 percent off specialty cakes 8 inches or larger and 10 percent off all gift certificates. All cupcake jewelry and T-shirts are 20 percent off on Friday and Saturday. A cupcake coloring contest begins on Friday and runs through Christmas Eve. The winner receives one dozen free regular-sized cupcakes.
• The Sequim UPS Store, 1400 W. Washington St., Suite 104, offers a 10-percent discount on packaging to shoppers who visit Sequim merchants on Friday and bring in their receipts. Hours are 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23. Holiday hours start Dec. 1: 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday.
• Costco, 955 W. Washington St., opens at 8:45 a.m.
• Dungeness Kids Co., 990 E. Washington St., began rolling out special offers ranging from 20-40 percent off on Monday, Nov. 9. The store opens from noon-4 p.m. Sundays through Christmas.
• Doodlebugs, 138 W. Washington St., opens at 9 a.m. with the first 25 in the door receiving a goodie bag, 20 percent off regularly priced items 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and prize drawings at noon. Must be present to win.
• Pacific Mist Books, 121 W. Washington St, opens at 9 a.m. Friday and Saturday and offers 10 percent off holiday books, and all DVDs and CDs all day. The store has a basket of books 50 percent off.
• Mad Maggi, 131 E. Washington St., serves special refreshments on Friday, 9 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. during its regular business hours. Sales racks will be filled.
• The Good Book and the Joyful Noise Music Center, 108 W. Washington St., open at 9 a.m. offering lessons at buy-one-get-one-free and 25 percent off gift certificates.
• Heather Creek, 122 W. Washington St., opens 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and pays the sales tax for all purchases those days.
• Pondicherri, 119 E. Washington St., holds a sale through Nov. 30 and offers a free throw cushion with a $25 purchase while supplies last. It opens 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sunday, Dec. 16 and 23.
• A Dropped Stitch, 170 W. Bell St., opens 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday and is giving away a skein of scarf yarn if customers mention this article, its Facebook, or Small Business Saturday. They also offer 10 percent off with a full stamp card.
• Thomas Building Center, 301 W. Washington St. is closed Nov. 23.
• Cedarbrook Lavender & Herb Farm offers a free mini lavender sachet with a $5 purchase on Nov. 23-24 at Kiwi’s Fish and Chips, 173 W. Washington St.
• Lavender & Lace, 243 W. Washington St., offers various discounts each week.
• Rainshadow Coffee Roasting, 157 W. Cedar St., offers 20 percent off any product.
• Solar City’s Tesa Boutique & Tanning Retreat, 135 W. Washington St., offers 15 percent off one full-priced item.
• Wind Rose Cellars, 155 W. Cedar St., opens 1-7 p.m. Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday, with specials on wines not normally tasted like Hunter’s Red, Library RE(a)D, and the Sequim Centennial Century Blend. Tasting Fees will be waived and discounts on select wines will be offered.
Christmas Tree Lighting
• The Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce hosts the annual Community Christmas Tree lighting at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 23, at the corner of Sequim Avenue and Washington Street. Donations are accepted for the Sequim Food Bank. Win a chance at a $100 gift card by guessing the number of lights on the tree.
• The Sequim City Band plays by the Christmas tree at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, and Santa Claus arrives at noon via horse and wagon. The Sequim Irrigation Festival Royalty accepts toys for Sequim boys and girls, too.
Small Business Saturday
• Several of the small businesses listed and others offer specials on Saturday for Small Business Saturday. Check with each business for specifics.
Holiday Gift Basket drawing
• Take a chance to win one of three holiday gift baskets worth more than $500 each. Receive a stamp card and visit five merchants to enter. Drawing runs Nov. 23-Dec. 16. No purchase necessary.