Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County will offer a six-week Community & Volunteer Education Series, Sept. 3-Oct. 8. Classes are held 6-8 p.m. each Thursday at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez St., Port Angeles.
• Sept. 3 — Introduction to Hospice; Marilyn Nelsen, PhD, Volunteer Services Manager). Includes an overview of Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County and its services, “Pioneers of Hospice” DVD
• Sept. 10 — Attitudes toward Death and Dying. Includes “Consider the Conversation” DVD, “Patients as Mentors” (Bette Wood, RN, Patient Care Manager)
• Sept. 17 — Attitudes toward Death and Dying. Includes “Consider the Conversation II” DVD (second half), group discussion
• Sept. 24 — The Gifts of Grief DVD; The Grieving Process. Includes a guest speaker from grief support group
• Oct. 1 — Volunteering: An Inside Story. Volunteers share their experiences with the class. Includes “Lessons for the Living” DVD
• Oct. 8 — Putting It All Together. “Hospice, Something More” DVD. Led by Marilyn Nelsen
The program is free and open to the public. Registration is required, as space is limited.
For more information about the series or to register, call the hospice office at 452-1511.
Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County provides free services to terminally ill patients and their families.
Learn more about VHOCC at www.vhocc.org.