The Olympic Peninsula Seahawkers are the local Official Seahawks Booster Club. In its first year there are over 100 members from all over the peninsula including Port Angeles, Sequim, Clallam Bay, Neah Bay and Forks.
Beginning in January the meetings will alternate monthly between Port Angeles and Sequim.
The next meeting is Jan. 8 in Sequim at the 7th Avenue Steak House, 271 S. Seventh Ave., (behind McDonald’s). The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. and there will be door prizes and raffle.
Fun events from last year. Among other events:
• Members hosted a Seahawks Playoff Rally before the 49er playoff in January.
• Members marched in the Irrigation Festival Parade.
• Members attended the Annual Spring Banquet at the Bellevue Hilton with some players and Mama Sherman in attendance.
• Members attended the Richard Sherman Celebrity Softball Tournament.
• Made a couple trips over to the training camp at the V-Mac, the Seahawks Training Facility Tournament. Got Seahawks autographs.
• Hosted a Pre-Season Kick-Off Rally.
• Members designed a Washington State Sports Stars Tree for the Annual OMC Foundation Festival of Trees that raised $1,600.
• Sponsored a local family for Christmas; providing gifts and everything needed for Christmas dinner.
Call 457-1392 for more information.