Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Puget Sound Honor Flight presentation, 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 30, at Northwest Veterans Resource Center, 216 S. Francis St., Port Angeles.
• Northwest Colonial Festival, Aug. 31-Sept. 3, George Washington Inn & Estate, 939 Finn Hall Road, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 3. colonialfestival.com.
• Peninsula ART Friends art faire, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 2, in Judith McInnes Tozzer Gallery at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave. peninsulaartfriends.com, 559-439-8572.
• First Fed Centennial Celebration, noon-9 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 3, at Port Angeles Waterfront. Features live music from Abby Mae and the Homeschool Boys (noon), Olympic Peninsula Ukulele Strummers (1:30 p.m.), Lady A (2:30 p.m.), Snotty Nose Rez Kids (4:30 p.m.), The Rhapsody Songsters (4:40 p.m.), The Daddies (7:15 p.m.). Love Local Community Showcase highlighting local organizations, performing arts groups and speakers, from 1-6 p.m. at Field Arts & Events Hall, 219 N. Oak St. Food vendors 11 a.m.- 8 p.m. ourfirstfed.com/events/centennial.
• Fifth Avenue Art Gallery resident art show, book signing with author Chuck Howerton, 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 3, at The Fifth Avenue, 500 W. Hendrickson Road. 360-683-3345, email@example.com.
• Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road, free “walk-about” tour, 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 7.
• Great Olympic Adventure Trail: full marathon, half marathon, 50k trail run, Sept. 8-9, west of Port Angeles. peninsulaadventuresports.com/events/goat-run.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “John & Jen,” Sept. 15-Oct. 1, at Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Reach for Hospice 5k rowing and paddling race, Saturday, Sept. 16, at Sequim Bay/John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road.
• United Way 2023 campaign “kick off,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17, at The Cedars at Dungeness golf course, 1965 Woodcock Road. Single tickets $80, couples $150 per pair, tables $550. Tickets at e.givesmart.com/events/xun. More info: 360-457-3011, unitedwayclallam.org.
• Sept. 20-Oct. 1, Blue Hole Bash Tournament (pickleball), at Carrie Blake Community Park, 202 N. Sequim Ave. sequimpicklers.net.
• Dungeness River Festival, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. dungenessrivercenter.org.
• Big Hurt, solo or team competition with mountain bike, road bike, kayak and 10k run course, Sept. 22-23, Port Angeles. bighurtpa.com.
• Reach for Hospice 5k sailboat race, Saturday, Sept. 23, at Sequim Bay/John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road.
• Pacific Northwest Fiber Exposition, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 30, 10 a.m-4 p.m. Oct. 1, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St. pnwfiberx.com.
• 22nd-annual Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival, Oct. 6-8, Port Angeles City Pier, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. daily. Free general admission; crabfestival.org.
• Larry Scott Run, half marathon, 10k and 5k, Saturday, Oct. 14, starting at 305 E. Eighth St., Port Townsend. runthepeninsula.com/larry-scott-trail.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “Night of the Living Dead,” Oct. 20-31, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ New Works Showcase, Nov. 17-19, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• HomeTown Holidays, 1-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 25, at Centennial Place (Washington Street, Sequim Avenue intersection).
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “The Games Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays,” Dec. 1-17, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Dec. 3: Jamestown Tribe Run 5k/10k, Saturday, Dec. 3, at Jamestown campus in Blyn. runthepeninsula.com/jamestown-sklallam-tribe.
• Concerts on the Pier: Black Diamond Junction, 6-8 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 30, City of Port Angeles Pier stage, 315 N. Lincoln St., free. jffa.org/pier.
• Black Diamond Junction, 1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 4, at John Wayne’s Rustic Waterfront Resort, 2634 W. Sequim Bay Road. Free.
• Rhody O’s Square Dance Club square dance lesson, ice cream social. 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road. Free. 360-683-2409, RhodyOs.firstname.lastname@example.org, tinyurl.com/RhodyO.
• Sequim City Band Summer series: 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave.
• Frankie Moreno: Blue Suede Tunes, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Sequim Accordion Social, 1:30-4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 10, at Shipley Center, 921 E. Hammond St. Featuring The Bonnie Birch Trio. 360-452-0191.
• The Randall Wolf Band with Deadwood Revival, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Ruth Moody Band, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Sammy Miller & the Congregation: Music of 1973, 50 years later, 5:30 p.m. — and Stomp your feet dance music, 8:30 p.m. — Saturday, Oct. 7, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Vienna Boys Choir, 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• GriefShare, for people experiencing grief and loss, 10 a.m. Thursdays, Aug. 31-Nov. 30, at Independent Bible Church Family Life Center, 116 East Ahlvers Road, Port Angeles. $20 workbook fee. 360-452-3351, ibcofpa.org.
• Olympic National Park exhibit, “Terminus: A Glacier Memorial Project,” at Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd. Exhibit open during regular gallery hours (11 a.m.-5 p.m.), Thursday-Sunday, through Sept. 3.
• Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County volunteer orientations: 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, at Sequim location to be revealed at time of registration, and 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6, at hospice offices, 829 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. Register at360-452-1511 or email@example.com.
• Second Saturday Garden Walk series, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at Fifth Street Community Garden, 328 Fifth St., Port Angeles. Topics include (but not limited to) composting, fall and winter berry care, saving seeds, more. Free.
• Peninsula Singers auditions for Spring concert, 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 5, at Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 Blake Ave., Sequim. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• City of Sequim Arts Commission seeking submissions for “Elemental; Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, Metal, and Air” exhibit, for display at Karen Kuznek-Reese Gallery in Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. Deadline for submissions is 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6. Only digital applications will be considered. Complete the form at form.jotform.com/231995536366166, which allows users to download up to three images (300 dpi preferred). sequimwa.gov/694/Artist-Opportunities. Contact Arts Coordinator Sarah Hurt at email@example.com, 360-582-2477.
• Submittals being accepted for “World AIDS Day: Art in the Library” exhibition, to be displayed in the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. Online applications at nols.org/AIDS-day-art accepted through Friday, Sept. 1. Exhibit dates: Dec. 1-Feb. 29. nols.org/AIDS-day-art, 360-417-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Second Saturday Garden Walk 10-11:30 a.m. at Fifth Street Community Garden, 328 Fifth St., Port Angeles. Veteran Master Gardeners will focus on refraining from planting warm season crops too early, the first spring pests and basics of intensive crop planting. Free, open to public: rain or shine. Garden walks for the remainder of the year will occur on the second Saturday through Sept. 9.