Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Sept. 20-Oct. 1, Blue Hole Bash Tournament (pickleball), at Carrie Blake Community Park, 202 N. Sequim Ave. sequimpicklers.net.
• “Let’s Empower Tim’s Place for a Bright Future,” an online auction for Tim’s Place, helping caregivers of those affected by dementia and offering a social club for those experiencing memory loss is looking for some community support. 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21, through 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 28. biddingowl.com/TimsPlace.
• Port Townsend Film Festival: film screenings (some free), live music, food, other entertainment, Sept. 21-25, at various locations in Port Townsend. ptfilmfest.com.
• Dungeness River Festival, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. dungenessrivercenter.org.
• Out Loud Story Slam, 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 22, at Studio Bob, 118 1/2 Front St., Port Angeles. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance and are available online at outloudstoryslam.com, and $15 at the door. email@example.com.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “John & Jen,” Sept. 22-Oct. 1, at Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Big Hurt, solo or team competition with mountain bike, road bike, kayak and 10k run course, Sept. 22-23, Port Angeles. bighurtpa.com.
• Washington State BMX Finals, Lincoln Park BMX track, Port Angeles, Sept. 22-24. lpbmx.com.
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s, 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23, at the James Center for Performing Arts bandshell at Carrie Blake Community Park, 202 N. Blake Ave. alz.org/walk.
• Reach for Hospice 5k sailboat race, noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, at Sequim Bay/John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road.
• Clallam-Jefferson County Pro Bono Lawyers free, virtual legal aid clinic, 10 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Sept. 23, on Zoom. Pre-register for this event by calling 360-504-2422 or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, Sept. 15.
• Open house at Shipley Center, 921 E. Hammond St., 1-3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 26. 360-683-6806.
• Bless the Beasts & Children 0.5k Fun Run, set for Saturday, Sept. 27 in Port Townsend. Check-in opens at 11:30 a.m. at Sunrise Coffee, 308 10th St.; run starts at noon. Costumes encouraged. Tickets $40 in person, $25 at home, available online at guestli.st/747939 or day of race at registration table. All donations tax deductible.
• North Olympic Library System’ Wednesday Evening Book Discussion Group — “The Line Becomes a River” by Francisco Cantú, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27, in Carver Room at Port Angeles Library; paperback copies available at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St.
• North Olympic Library System’ Novel Conversations Book Discussion Group — “Exhalation” by Ted Chiang, 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27, on Zoom; paperback copies available at Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave.
• Sequim Prairie Grange Pancake Breakfast is set for a 7:30 a.m. start on Sunday, Oct. 1, at 290 Macleay Road. Menu includes all-you-can-eat pancakes, plus egg, slice of ham, coffee and orange juice.
• Veterans Stand Down from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct.5, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 16th St., Port Angeles.
• 22nd-annual Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival, Oct. 6-8, Port Angeles City Pier, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. daily. Free general admission; crabfestival.org.
• Larry Scott Run, half marathon, 10k and 5k, Saturday, Oct. 14, starting at 305 E. Eighth St., Port Townsend. runthepeninsula.com/larry-scott-trail.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “Night of the Living Dead,” Oct. 20-31, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ New Works Showcase, Nov. 17-19, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• HomeTown Holidays, 1-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 25, at Centennial Place (Washington Street, Sequim Avenue intersection).
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ “The Games Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays,” Dec. 1-17, Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Dec. 3: Jamestown Tribe Run 5k/10k, Saturday, Dec. 3, at Jamestown campus in Blyn. runthepeninsula.com/jamestown-sklallam-tribe.
• Hi Joe Kye!, an interactive concert full of songs and looping with Joe Kye, a Korean-American musician, storyteller and educator, 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23, outdoors at the stage behind the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. In the case of inclement weather, the show will be held indoors at the Boys & Girls Club, 400 W. Fir St.
• The Randall Wolf Band with Deadwood Revival, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Ruth Moody Band, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Sammy Miller & the Congregation: Music of 1973, 50 years later, 5:30 p.m. — and Stomp your feet dance music, 8:30 p.m. — Saturday, Oct. 7, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Vienna Boys Choir, 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19, at Field Arts & Events Hall, 201 W. Front St., Port Angeles. fieldhallevents.org/tickets/#/events.
• Sequim Community Christmas Chorus concert, Friday-Sunday, Dec. 1-3, at the Sequim Seventh Day Adventist Church, 30 Sanford Lane.
• Wreaths Across America ceremony, 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at Mount Angeles Memorial Park, 45 Monroe Road, Port Angeles.
• Home — The Essence of Place,” The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center (PAFAC), 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., through Oct. 29. Exhibition is collaborative exhibition between the PAFAC and Olympic Peninsula Art Association (OPAA) rooted in the region’s landscapes and inhabitants. opaagroup.org, pafac.org.
• Pacific Northwest Fiber Exposition, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 30, 10 a.m-4 p.m. Oct. 1, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St. pnwfiberx.com.
• 18th-annual North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival fiber arts exhibition, Oct. 6-Nov. 25 at Sequim Museum & Arts. FiberArtsFestival.org.
• WSU Extension Regional Small Farms Program workshop, “Is a Small Farm in Your Future?,” 9 a.m.-noon on Wednesday, Sept. 20, at WSU Clallam County Extension office, 1914 W. 18th St., Port Angeles. $15 per person. Visit extension.wsu.edu/regionalsmallfarms/events to register online. email@example.com, 360-379-5610, x201.
• Cultivating Success, farming series, 6-8 p.m. on Mondays, Sept. 25-Dec. 4. course will be conducted online using the Zoom platform, with in-person field trips throughout the Olympic Peninsula. Cost for the 11-week course is $200 per farm/family. Scholarships available for military veterans, anyone for whom the course fee is barrier. Register at cultivatingsuccesswa.org/courseregistration/p/whole-farm-planning. firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-379-5610, x201.
• Clallam County Genealogical Society’s Speaker’s Series: “Becoming a Genealogical Super Sleuth,” day-long seminar on Saturday, Oct. 14, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave., and on Zoom. Fees are $45 for society members, $50 for non-members and couples. clallamcogs.org or call 360-417-5000.
• Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County six-week in-person grief support group from 1-3 p.m. every Tuesday through Oct. 17, in the VHOCC conference room, 829 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 360-452-1511, email@example.com.
• Storytime at North Olympic Library System branches. Outdoor Storytime is held, rain or shine, at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays through Oct. 31 at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. nols.org/storytime, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GriefShare, for people experiencing grief and loss, 10 a.m. Thursdays through Nov. 30, at Independent Bible Church Family Life Center, 116 East Ahlvers Road, Port Angeles. $20 workbook fee. 360-452-3351, ibcofpa.org.
• “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” class starts Oct. 2, meets on Mondays for six weeks from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 E. Seventh St. Free. Participants can buy a workbook that follows the program. For more information or to RSVP, call 360-789-7691 or 360-460-9907.
• Jefferson County Conservation District fall Natural Landscaping course. Classroom sessions are set for 4-5:30 p.m. on Mondays at the Washington State University classroom facility in Port Hadlock classroom, starting Oct.9. Field trips will be 4-5:30 p.m. on Oct. 12 and Oct. 19.
• Sequim Community Christmas Chorus rehearsals, Tuesday evenings, for early December concert. 360-477-1990, email@example.com.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Call for performers at 2024 Sequim Sunshine Festival (March 1-2, 2024). Musical performers of all genres are encouraged to apply. Applications at visitsunnysequim.com. Deadline for applications Friday, Oct. 13. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Writers are invited to submit stories, essays and poems featuring the eerie time of year for witches and goblins, or bountiful harvests and autumn fantasies, for the “Celebration of Shadows” reading at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center in October. Deadline for submittals is Oct. 5. Submittals are asked to be family friendly, as some of the listeners are very young. Submissions should be read able to be read aloud within a 5-minute period. Send submissions (word documents as attachments) to email@example.com. Get more details at pafac.org/calls-for-art.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Second Saturday Garden Walk 10-11:30 a.m. at Fifth Street Community Garden, 328 Fifth St., Port Angeles. Veteran Master Gardeners will focus on refraining from planting warm season crops too early, the first spring pests and basics of intensive crop planting. Free, open to public: rain or shine. Garden walks for the remainder of the year will occur on the second Saturday through Sept. 9.