The Peninsula College Foundation is offering dozens of scholarships to students attending Peninsula College for the 2017-2018 school year, with several that have opened since the initial release in January. They include:
• Bussing-Mulledy Vocational Scholarship — One $1,500 scholarships
For vocational (Professional/Technical) students.
• Class of ‘63 & Friends Scholarship in Memory of Art Feiro — One $1,000 scholarship
For STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math); must be a Clallam or Jefferson County high school graduate.
• Environmental Science Scholarship — Two $2,000 scholarships
For a second year PC student in Environmental Science studies.
• Field Scholarship — One 1 Year Renewable Full Ride scholarship
Preference for student in Language Arts/English or music, followed by any other academic transfer major.
• Renaissance — One $1,000 scholarship
For an adult (21 years of age or older) or younger student with adult responsibilities (e.g. dependents).
• txʷéʔwi Scholarship (Go Forward) — One $500 scholarship
For a student who belongs to one of the local area tribes.
• Walkling AOS/Business Administration Scholarship — One $1,000 scholarship
For a continuing or transfer student who has completed a minimum of 10 credits in administrative office systems or business.
• Walkling Community Service Scholarship — One $1,000 scholarship
For a student who has proven service to the community.
Other scholarships are available in the areas of nursing and medical assisting; automotive technology, welding and other vocational programs; science, education, language arts, music, business administration and more. Application deadlines vary, with the majority due Tuesday, April 18. Applicants are advised to check each scholarship’s deadline.
There are three simple steps to apply for Peninsula College scholarships:
• Visit www.theWashBoard.org.
• Create a login and a personal profile.
• Enter “Peninsula College” in the search toolbar to review the list of all available PC and PC Foundation scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year.
Students are encouraged to start the process early as many scholarships require recommendation letters, personal essays and unofficial transcripts to complete applications. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be accepted.
Scholarship award notifications will be provided to students beginning May 19.
For more information about the scholarships process, contact the Peninsula College Foundation at 417-6246 or visit www.pencol.edu/scholarships.