Throughout the summer, three Sequim churches look to support Ukrainian refugees displaced to Washington state from the Russian invasion by gathering household supplies for kits.
Leaders with Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church and Trinity United Methodist Church hold collection drives for Lutheran Community Services in Tacoma from June 28 (Ukrainian Constitution Day) through Aug. 9.
The kick-off is scheduled for 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, June 28, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave.
Organizers said cinnamon rolls, T-shirts, and other items will be given away to those who bring donations. Brats and beverages will be available for a contribution.
Items needed range from cleaning supplies to basic toiletries. Donations can be one part or all of a kit, organizers said.
Monetary donations are also accepted to cover the costs of items and delivery to Tacoma.
Each church will accept donations June 28-Aug. 9 at:
• Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church
• St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 525 N. Fifth Ave.
• Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave.
Items needed, include:
• Mop and bucket
• Broom and dustpan
• Sponges pack
• All-purpose cleaning spray
• Toilet brush
• Dish soap
• Laundry detergent
• Light bulbs (four-six in a box)
• Paper towels (two rolls in package)
• Tissues (two boxes)
• Bath towels (four)
• Wash cloths (four)
• Shower curtain and curtain rings
• Hand soap
• Toilet paper (six rolls)
• Small waste basket
Volunteers are needed to help assemble kits the following days:
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, July 13, at Trinity United Methodist Church
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, July 26, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16, at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
On Tuesday, Aug. 9, collections end at the three churches and kits will be delivered to Lutheran Community Services in Tacoma between Aug. 16-18.
For more information contact Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church at 360-681-0946; St. Luke’s Episcopal Church at 360683-4862, and Trinity United Methodist Church at 360-683-5367.