Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at email@example.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Humanities Washington speaker Eric Wagner presentation, “After the Blast: Mount St. Helens 40 Years Later,” 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 3, on Zoom. Free. nols.org/mt-st-helens-talk.
• Guided “walk about” tour, 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 4, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road.
• “The Hobbit,” Aug. 5-14 at Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. Aug. 7; 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 14. Tickets $20, $15 for students (pay-what-you-will Thursday, Aug. 11; olympictheatrearts.org or call 360-683-7326 between 1-4 p.m., Tuesday-Friday.
• Tour De Lavender Metric Century Ride, Fun Ride (bicycling). 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6. Starts at Sequim Boys & Girls Club, 400 W. Fir St. $70 adults, $15 youth. 360-775-5395, firstname.lastname@example.org, tourdelavender.com.
• Sequim Prairie Nights. Car-show-and-shine, raffles, music, more, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6. At downtown Sequim on West Washington Street between North Sequim Avenue, Third Avenue.
• Faith Lutheran Preschool gift basket and tag sale, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, at 354 W. Cedar St.
• Sequim Noon Rotary’s annual Salmon Bake and Unity of Effort event, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, at Security Services Northwest, 250 Center Park Way. Salmon bake tickets: $23 advance, $25 day of event; Unity of Event activities free. Live music, first responder vehicles and exhibits, raffles. 800-859-3463, ssnwhq.com.
• Digging Deeper presentation “Novel Small Fruits for the Home Garden” with Cyndi Ross and Marty Kaler, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Aug. 6, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. extension.wsu.edu/clallam/master-gardener-calendar.
• Clallam County Junior Livestock Auction, 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 MacLeay Road. clallamcountyjuniorlivestockauction.com, 360-460-6362.
• Ride the Hurricane, Ride from Port Angeles City Pier to Hurricane Ridge to Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center; Sunday, Aug. 7. $60 per rider. ridethehurricane.org.
• Green Thumbs Garden Tips education series: “New Vegetable Varieties” with Carol Miles, Director of Washington State University’s Mount Vernon Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center, noon-1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11. Link at extension.wsu.edu/clallam/events. Or call 253-215-8782 (meeting ID 920 0799 1742, passcode 709395).
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ Renaissance Faire, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Aug. 13-14. Tickets $15 adults, $5 students 13-17, two children under 12 free with each paid adult ticket (tickets good for both days). At Olympic Theatre Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Clallam County Fair, “Blue Ribbon Dreams in Boots & Jeans,” Aug. 18-21, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 18th St., Port Angeles. clallam.net/fair.
• Sequim All-Schools Reunion, various locations, Aug. 19-21. 253-229-1673, email@example.com.
• Ten-year anniversary of Elwha dams removal, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Register at tinyurl.com/3s9v892p.
• Oyster Half-Marathon, 10k and 5k races, Sunday, Sept. 18. Sign up at QuilRaces.com.
• Concerts on the Pier: Sarah Shea and Chez Jazz (jazz). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 3, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim, 5-8 p.m. Friday Aug. 5, various venues near downtown Sequim. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Heart to Heart, Heart tribute band, 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, at 7 Cedars Resort, 270756 U.S. Highway 101. $15. 21 and older. 7cedars.com/heart-by-heart.html?evtd=2022-08-06.
• Peninsula College’s Jazz Ensemble’s 12th-annual “Jazz on the Lawn” concert, noon-1:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8, on lawn at PC PUB, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Ranger and the “Re-Arrangers.” 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Bread & Gravy (Americana/blues/rock/soul). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 10, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Navy Band Northwest Rock Band. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 16, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Chandra Johnson & The Homeschool Boys (folk/bluegrass). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: Long Live Rock, 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• Olympic Cellars 2022 Summer Concert Series: Good Day Sunshine, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, at 255410 U.S. Highway 101. $20-$70. olympiccellars.com/summer-concert-series.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Black Diamond Junction. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 23, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Honey of the Heart (world flamenco). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Music on the Strait, Aug. 26-28, at Peninsula College’s Maier Hall, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Friday, Aug. 26: Demarre McGill; Saturday, Aug. 27: Efe Baltacıgil and Jeremy Denk; Sunday, Aug. 28: Jeremy Denk. musiconthestrait.com.
• KSQM 91.5 FM’s Music in the Park series: Sound Advice. 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Carrie Blake Community Park, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Concerts on the Pier: Black Diamond Junction (classic hits). 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31, at Port Angeles City Pier, 315 N. Lincoln St. Free. jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier.
• Sequim’s City Arts Advisory Commission seeks art for exhibit with theme of “solstice.” Application form at form.jotform.com/221776501788162; form allows for three digital submissions. Deadline for submissions is 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7. Entries juried by Sept. 19. More info: sequimwa.gov/694/Artist-Opportunities, or contact Arts Coordinator Sarah Hurt at email@example.com, 360-582-2477.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., August exhibit: “Joy in the world with an element of whimsy” exhibit, featuring Sheri Whetstine (glass designer) and Steve Wry (ceramics). bluewholegallery.com.
• Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features art of Port Angeles artist Nathan Shields throughout August. 360-808-4815, facebook.com/harborartgallery.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4308 or email@example.com/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.