Organizers of the 2020 Clallam County Fair are seeking nominations for the 2020 Farm Family of the Year.
The award honors a Clallam County Farm that “epitomizes the spirit of the industry, to show appreciation for hardworking Clallam County Farm families committed to the agriculture and aquaculture of Clallam County.”
Farm families may nominate themselves, while nominations can also come from other families, friends or any community individual.
Nominations are due by July 1.
The award will be presented at the 2020 Clallam County Fair, scheduled for Aug. 202-23. The winning family will also receive free admission for all days of fair (up to 10 individuals) and four fair T-shirts.
Selection of the Clallam County Farm Family will be determined from an outside source, fair officials said.
Nominations should include details about the farm and how the family is incorporated and how they fulfill the following criteria:
1. Productions of quality of Clallam County Grown Products (not based on quantity)
2. Community involvement (civic organizations, school, sports, etc.)
3. Involvement in agriculture industry organizations (local, state ,federal)
4. Overall farm family image, farming history and unique or special production (pictures are optional but will not affect the outcome)
5. Because 2020 was an eventful year due to the Coronavirus, what impact did it have on the farm, family and what changes were implemented for the farm?
Along with nomination of farm, list person nominating and contact information, also include the contact name for farm, farm contact mailing address, farm contact phone number and email.
Nominations can be submitted by email to email@example.com, by fax to 360-417-2547, or by mail to: Clallam County Fair, c/o Shari Ioffrida, Fair Manager, 1608 W. 16th St., Port Angeles WA 98363.