Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• “Walk-about,” 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road.
• Studium Generale opens fall quarter series with traditional Welcome Celebration at 12:35 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, in Peninsula College’s Little Theater, 1502 E.Lauridsen Blvd. On Zoom: pencol-edu.zoom.us/j/82308557946 (meeting ID 823 0855 7946).
• Voices For Veterans’ Veterans Stand Down, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 16th St., Port Angeles. All veterans and their families are welcome to come and talk to service providers, get breakfast and lunch, a haircut, see medical providers, get clothing and more. 360-797-1791.
• Friends of Sequim Library’s 2nd Saturday Book Sale, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8 at Rock Plaza, 10131 Old Olympic Highway.
• Animal blessings, observed with prayer and song at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, at Trinity United Methodist Church, 100 S. Blake Ave.
• Death Café “Tea to Die For” session, 4-5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, in the KSQM 91.5 FM Community Room, 609 W. Washington St., No. 17. 360-452-1511.
• Second-annual Indigenous Peoples’ Day Poetry Reading in celebration of poetry created and performed by Native poets of the Olympic Peninsula. 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, at ʔaʔkʷustəŋáw̕txʷ House of Learning, Peninsula College Longhouse on the Port Angeles campus, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd. Hosted by North Olympic Library System. nols.org, email@example.com, 360-417-8500.
• Clallam County Park & Recreation District No. 1 board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Sequim YMCA facility, 610 N. Fifth Ave.
• Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 14th-annual Business Showcase, “Out On a Limb,” 5-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Drive.
• Soul Care speaker series, “Why Death Is the Best Teacher for Life,” noon-1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, on Zoom. 360-452-1511, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WOW! Working on Wellness Radio Forum, Diabetes: How to Live with This,” with registered nurse Susan Sorensen, 2-3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 12, on KSQM 91.5 FM.
• Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County’s Empower Yourself series, “Household Finances” with Penney Sanders, 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at VHOCC conference room, 829 E. Eighth St., or online. Register at 360-452-1511, email@example.com.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ Season Unveiling, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Free for OTA members, $10 general public. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Clallam County Fire District 3 station open houses, noon-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15. Stations and locations include: Station 31, 4721 Sequim-Dungeness Way; Station 32, 256702 U.S. Highway 101; Station 33, 70 Carlsborg Road; Station 34, 323 N. Fifth Ave.; Station 35, 121 Sunshine Ave. (Diamond Point), and Station 37, 4 Sophus Road (Blyn). And training/maintenance facility, 255 Carlsborg Road. 360-683-4242, ccfd3.org.
• Sequim School District listening session, 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Sequim High School library, 601 N. Sequim Ave. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sequim School District listening session, 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, on Zoom. RSVP at email@example.com.
• Sequim Elks Lodge drive-thru Halloween, 3-5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at Elks lodge, 143 Port Williams Road.
• Washington Old Time Fiddlers Association (WOTFA) District 15 chapter jam session, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at Sequim Prairie Grange, 290 Macleay Road.
• Deidre McCall, folk, 4 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9, at Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road. Tickets $20, at the door. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buttercup Lane (classic rock and roll, blues, R&B, country, swing and other genres), 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, at Sequim Elks Lodge, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for members and $12 for guests.
• Global Earth Repair Summit Benefit Fundraiser featuring environmental singer/songwriter Dana Lyons, 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, at Jardin du Soliel Lavender Farm, 3932 Sequim-Dungeness Way. Cost is a suggested $10-plus donation at the door. RSVP at Skeeter.Eventbrite.com.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Digital Artistry Group presents Creative Photographic Visions, a print exhibition, with opening receptions from 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, and noon-3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, at Studio Bob, 118½ E. Front St., Port Angeles. 415-990-0457.
• “Turning Point” exhibition featuring Whidbey Island artist Hannah Klaus Hunter, Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., through Nov. 6 (11 a.m.- 5 p.m., Thursday-Sunday).
• Olympic Peninsula Art Association October showcase, Oct. 1-31 at Dandelion Botanical Company, 4681 Sequim Dungeness Way. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. opaagroup.org.
• North Olympic Library System storytimes, Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. Through Oct. 30 (6-6:30 p.m. Mondays, inside library; 1:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays, in field behind library). nols.org, 360-417-8500.
• Harbor Art Gallery, at 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features artwork of Garret DelaBarre through month of October.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.