Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at email@example.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 21, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road.
• Port Townsend Film Festival, Sept. 22-25. ptfilmfest.com.
• “Arsenic and Old Lace,” Sept. 23-Oct. 2, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Fridays/Saturdays at 7 p.m.; Sundays at 2 p.m.; Thursday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m. Tickets $20, students $15. (Sept. 30 pay-what-you-will). olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Sequim Bike Rodeo, 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson Road. Free. For youths in grades K-5. Includes bike inspections, helmet adjustments, bike skills course, more. Parent must sign a release form and be present.
• Sequim Botanical Garden Society’s “Work to Learn” party at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at the Sequim Botanical Garden Terrace Garden at Carrie Blake Community Park, 500 N. Blake Ave. fb.me/SequimBotanicalGarden or SequimBotanicalGarden.org.
• Clallam County Genealogical Society’s “I Know Nothing About Genealogy,” a class for beginners, 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at society’s research center, 403 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles. 360-417-5000.
• Big Hurt, multi-sport race (15-mile mountain bike course, 2.6-mile kayak course, 30-mile road bike course and 10-kilometer running course), Saturday, Sept. 24, Port Angeles. BigHurtPA.com.
• Olympic Peninsula Humane Society’s Meowgaritas & Mutts, 5:30-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, at Vern Burton Community Center, 308 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. ophumanesociety.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters event, “Rhythm, Rhyme, and Render,” 7- 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the KSQM 91.5 FM radio station, 609 W. Washington St. Or, register for the Zoom session at skwim_sss1.eventbrite.com.
• Shipley Center’s 12th-annual open house set for 1-3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, at 921 E. Hammond St. 360-683-6806.
• City of Sequim’s Rally in the Alley, 9:30-11:30 a.m. — or until dumpsters are full — on Saturday, Oct. 1. Dumpsters at Carrie Blake Community Park (202 N. Bake Ave.) near pickleball courts, and the City of Sequim shop at South Second Avenue and West Hemlock Street. 360-775-3742, email@example.com.
• Peninsula College’s first Fall Spectacular, community-wide festival, Saturday, Oct. 1, at 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. bungee run, festival performers, mini-lectures, poetry and prose readings, art exhibits, hands-on arts and crafts, and food and drink and more. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Voices For Veterans’ Veterans Stand Down, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Clallam County Fairgrounds, 1608 W. 16th St., Port Angeles. All veterans and their families are welcome to come and talk to service providers, get breakfast and lunch, a haircut, see medical providers, get clothing and more. 360-797-1791.
• Olympic Theatre Arts’ Season Unveiling, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at 414 N. Sequim Ave. Free for OTA members, $10 general public. olympictheatrearts.org, 360-683-7326.
• Chandra Johnson & the Homeschool Boys, and the Sweater Weather String Band, 7-11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, at the Black Diamond Community Hall, 1942 Black Diamond Road, Port Angeles. Admission is $15-$20 per person (one or two beverage tickets), or $25-$30 for families (for two adults and up to three children, with one or two beverage tickets). 360-650-3353, email@example.com.
• Red Yarn and friends, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at the stage behind the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. In case of inclement weather, the show will be held indoors at the Sequim Boys & Girls Club, 400 W. Fir St.
• Port Angeles Community Players auditions for “Christmas at Pemberley — The Wickhams,” 3-5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Green Room at the Playhouse, and 7-:8:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, on the Playhouse stage, 1235 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles. Those unable to attend an audition but want to try out can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-461-1617.
• Olympic Theatre Arts auditions for The New Works Showcase and “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.” Both shows audition Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 26-27. Participants of ages 8-18 audition at 3:30 p.m. and ages 18 and older audition at 6 p.m. at OTA, 414 N. Sequim Ave. OlympicTheatreArts.org.
• Peninsula ART Friends, exhibit running through Sept. 30 in Judith McInnes Tozzer Art Gallery at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave. Museum is open 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday; admission is free. 360-477-4317.
• Peninsula Singers: Rehearsals are 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Dues $100 per semester helps defray costs, including scholarships for local students. Singers need to be able to read music, must have solid choral experience. Email director Dr. Jerome Wright at email@example.com
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Juan de Fuca Harmony, a cappella barbershop singing group for women, men. Rehearsals 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Sunland Golf Club, 109 Hilltop Dr. juandefucaharmony.org, 907-602-7008, 360-775-6547, 360-460-2801.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., September exhibit: “Time of Harvest” and “Owls” book exhibit, featuring Debbie Cain (gourd art) and Jeannine Chappell (painting). bluewholegallery.com.
• “Turning Point” exhibition featuring Whidbey Island artist Hannah Klaus Hunter, Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., through Nov. 6 (11 a.m.- 5 p.m., Thursday-Sunday).
• Harbor Art Gallery, 114 N. Laurel St., Port Angeles, features art of Jodi Riverstone throughout September. 360-808-4815, facebook.com/harborartgallery.
• North Olympic Library System storytimes, Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave. Through Oct. 30 (6-6:30 p.m. Mondays, inside library; 1:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays, in field behind library). nols.org, 360-417-8500.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Northwest Passages,” program featuring excerpts from books with a connection to the Pacific Northwest, on KSQM 91.5. FM. At 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 p.m., second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 p.m. at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 p.m., the second Saturday of month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.