Olympic Medical Center representatives named six Patient Experience Champions at a board of commissioners meeting in early June.
Healthcare workers nominate their peers for the recognition of Patient Experience Champion for “communicating with courtesy, compassion and respect, empowering patients to learn or cope effectively, contributing to new programs, improving processes, and/or going above and beyond to serve the needs of patients and their families,” OMC officials said.
Honorees are annually selected in May and recognized in person by the board.
This year’s Patient Experience Champions include:
• John Blevins, patient access representative
• Debbie Campbell, human resources generalist
• Richard DeCou, materials management document specialist
• Phyllis Slife, emergency department physician
• Debe Stallings, home health speech and language pathologist
•Renae Winston, patient financial services supervisor
Jennifer Burkhardt, Olympic Medical Center’s Chief Human Resources Officer, and General Counsel Jennifer Burkhardt and Patient Experience Director Patti Haught shared the nominations – submitted by employees – with the board.